tx2z CD-R Burning Problem

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by Searlan, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Searlan

Searlan Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone.

I'm having a problem burning CD-Rs with the internal burner (TS-L33M) supplied with the tx2z. I've tried using Nero, ImgBurn, and the default Windows Vista burner, but none of them were successful. Sometimes the burner would not start burning, and most of the time the burner fails halfway into the burning process.

However, the burner burns DVD+Rs just fine. It has problems with CD-Rs. I tried Verbatim CD-Rs and CD-RWs and TDK CD-RWs. I talked with a few HP chat support representatives, and interestingly, one of them said that my drive only works for HP, Sony or Samsung discs and NOT Maxwell, Memorex, TDK or Verbatim, etc. Is that true? My burner worked fine with Verbatim DVD+Rs (and Sony DVD+RWs). Sadly, I don't have any HP, Sony, or Samsung discs to test this at the moment. Can anyone with a tx2z using a TS-L633M drive help me confirm this?

Thanks. ;)

P.S. In case anyone missed it, I'm using a tx2z-1000 CTO, running Windows Vista Home Premium x64. If anyone needs more information, please ask.

2. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the tx2500 and have been using either el cheapo Staples bought HP or Sony CD's or DVD's in every format imaginable +r/+rw and everything works well. Sometimes drives will only work with certain media. HP only put time into testing HP Sony and Samsung disks but it doesn't necessarily mean it wont use other types of media, they just can't say for sure it will and it seems your media isn't compatible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.