TX2Z being Discontinued?

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TX2 (N-trig)' started by kitzuki, Dec 7, 2009.

1. kitzuki

kitzuki Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys,

I went to my Local Best Buys today to look at the newly rehashed TX2z-13-- and to my surprise it was already taken off display. Seeing how earlier in the week i was at best buy buying a ps3 and glanced at it then I was surprised to see it off.
    Anywho I asked the Rep there at the Laptops and she had no idea that it was gone we then looked at the local stock and none of the stores in my area had them within 50 miles :confused:

So im assuming maybe hp is discontinuing this model?

2. blahbot

blahbot Pen Pal - Newbie

No chance in hell. Maybe bestbuy went out of stock or something or other, but no way, its being discontinued. It is one of the most popular tablets, since its so cheap. I don't think they're discontinuing it, I checked local bestbuys, about half had it, half didn't. Maybe its bestbuy who's discontinuing to carry them?

3. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

it is within the realms that the model is being updated.

4. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

My BB has it but Costco doesn't carry it online anymore for a while now. I'm kind of hesistant buying another HP product after my tx1000z and dv2138xx wasn't up to par. Their product life expectancy isn't the best, only lasted a couple of years. Very expensive lesson to learn.

5. xaueious

xaueious Pen Pal - Newbie

That's not really so much of HP's fault than Nvidia's.

The TX2Z might get a refresh with the AMD platform update. That means K10 CPU, HD4200. That would make a whole lot of sense. So it should be similar to the TX2000 -> TX2500 refresh. I think HP has good rep on this laptop on being a good entertainer with the HD3200, so they are probably just undergoing the standard AMD platform refresh. Nvidia hasn't improved their chipsets, so AMD owns the AMD based integrated GPU market right now. The K10 is close to the Core2Duo though, so if HP puts some K10s with slower clock in the next gen, this tablet is much improved.

6. Geek1819

Geek1819 Pen Pal - Newbie

I work in the Geek Squad at a Best Buy, the HP tablet has been discontinued. HP has decided not to continue to make tablets or phones. Whatever stores had today is the end of the supply. The SKU has been deleted and if we sold out then that's it. No more HP tablets