[tx2525nr] Fingerprint reader stopped working

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by eborn, Dec 25, 2008.

1. eborn

eborn Pen Pal - Newbie

hello!
    While I was struggling to get my tx2525nr boot the xp installation cd i tried everything, including updating the bios (from F.05 to F.09). It didn't help at all, but i think it messed up my fingerprint reader. After the boot, it just didn't "feel" my finger. I was swiping it lots of times, but nothing. I reinstalled the drivers - nothing (it detects the device and everything seems to be ok, but it just doesn't recognize that i'm actually swiping my finger). Since it looked similar to the keuboard malfunction problem, i took out the battery for a while, but it didn't help either. The worst thing is that i'm not 100% sure if the problem started occuring right after the bios update (you know, xp installing marathon took loads of restarts). In order to make sure it's the problem (and to try fixing it) i started looking for F.05 bios, but didn't find it (any other bios different than F.09 either). Installing XP didn't change anything - the device is recognized but doesn't work. That's why my guess would be bios. Another option is touching the reader with the pen - could it damage it? I dunno, some magnetic reactions?
    Has any of you got any idea or at least could you please send me any bios different them F.09?

Thanks in advance

Edit:
    Just found the bios F.05, downgraded, and it didnt help at all :( anyone got any idea?

2. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

did your fingerprint reader ever fuction?

3. eborn

eborn Pen Pal - Newbie

yup, it worked like a charm before it stopped. that's why it's so strange... Nothing extraordinary happened, few restarts, bios update and BAM! it's dead...