tx2522au/tx2500 widespread digitiser issues?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by rjh, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timothyb

timothyb Pen Pal - Newbie

Yep, I started the other thread on that other issue, no one has yet to confirm it.

Painter Essentials came with the tx2500z, but it might not be included with other variations. I'll have to look into GIMP.

If you didn't get Painter, and if GIMP doesn't have easy methods for traditional media, I just found a program called ArtRage. I think I heard of it but never looked into it. There's a free starter edition, and the full version is only $25, a quarter what Corel Painter Essentials costs.

http://www.ambientdesign.com/artragefeatures.html

http://www.digitalimagemagazine.com/blog/tools/artrage-25-a-cheap-alternative-to-painter/

2. rjh

rjh Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe no reply because the issue may have been dealt with here: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=21442

No extras with the tx2522AU - apart from the stuff nobody wants anyway.

GIMP is fine, handles everything I need and is easy to use. I'm not particularly impressed with Artrage, I have it installed on my previous tablet and don't find myself using it much - do more image editing than drawing.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. timothyb

Thanks for the link. But that seems to be about pressure response, which is fine in Photoshop.

What I meant was the cursor position is offset from the pen differently from one program to the next. That's why I brought it up because it was making it hard to give an example of the accuracy of my model. So in a way it's a digitizer issue of some sort, software related though, as I almost can't reach a button at the very edge of the screen, yet the calibration on the desktop is fine.

4. timothyb

Just some final thoughts on calibration if it helps.

I read that pen calibration for each screen rotation is different. I found on one rotate, tablet mode, it acted very close to your picture, where I it was not reaching the options for the sidebar gadgets.

In that rotation, I redid the calibration perfectly on the 4 points, then hit okay. I checked out where it was off and planned to redo the calibration trying to offset any issues by not clicking on the 4 points right, but slight off to help.

Suddenly that side area on the gadge bar was much easier to reach, and overall better.

I did the same steps for the defaul OS rotation too.

Oh, and instead of calibrating while in tablet mode, with it closed, I opened the screen and turning the screen sideways, then manually rotating the OS with the rotate button back to what it flips to for tablet. Then I did calibration that way in homes to prevent any interference.

5. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Wow! Artrage is an incredible program. Best user interface I've ever seen in a program of this type. Thanks for the heads up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.