tx2510us Sound Stuttering Issues

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Crito, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spherific

spherific Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, I just picked up a tx2510us from circuit city yesterday. I imported some songs from my pc today and started playing them in foobar. After a couple hours the sound would just stutter in random spots. Ok I thought. It's probably just a foobar related problem. I started playing WoW and the sound stuttered there too. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the realtek drivers off the hp website. I tried playing songs in foobar again and it still stuttered! Anyone know how to fix this issue or have the same problem? I also reformatted and installed 64-bit Vista Ultimate. Thanks for reading this.

Edit: Wow I just found out what the problem is. I turned off wireless internet and the sound stuttering went away! Should I try to get this laptop replaced? Anyone else experiencing this problem? Try playing music while your wireless internet is connected.

2. Nyture

Nyture Scribbler - Standard Member

Well I can only think of 2 reasons for that to be happening.

1. Faulty wiring in which the wireless card and the audio lines cross
    2. Not enough power is being pulled to your speakers and turning off the wifi gives them what they need. Was your laptop plugged in when you had this problem? If so I defiantly recommend returning it for a new one.

3. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Nah, i think it's a driver issue, as mine does it as well.... not often, but will kinda stutter or garble for a second, then be fine. I noticed it while playing music in the Zune software, as well as while playing some games. I've run across a few other posts, as well as a report of the problem in the 2510 review posted here. I wouldn't worry too much about it yet, as hopefully an updated driver will fix it, or somebody will find a fix and share with us. Realtek has updated some drivers in the past week, so maybe one of those will help, but they update fairly regularly anyway, so I'm not too worried. Is a bit annoying though.

4. Rex Orbis2

Rex Orbis2 I Bleed Black and Gold

I talked to HP about it and it seems to be a problem they know about. they had me check my DMA settings but everything was fine, so I was basically told to sit tight and it shouldn't be long for a fix.

5. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

6. Rex Orbis2

Rex Orbis2 I Bleed Black and Gold

This worked perfectly. The sound was so annoying and now its fixed. I don't even know why I bother with tech support.

7. EX33396948

EX33396948 Nursing Student

Tell tech suppport. Lol

But they might not recomend it. Something about useing all your features without problems.

8. christian m h

christian m h Pen Pal - Newbie

My circuit city did not have any tx2500 in store, they said I could order it from their website. Bah. Yes I love this Hyundai let me buy it without test driving. (Hyundais are pretty good now, not hating)

9. Jpwinks

Jpwinks Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks alot for the fix! I am really happy with my laptop now that this has been quickfixed! Im definitly am going to become part of this communinty now that I am a owner of a tablet pc like the tx2510us! =D =D =D

10. J_Dubb

J_Dubb semi-happy tx2500 owner

YES! Thank you so much Miner! Tech support was USELESS!!! I was about to send the damn thing back!!! They would have "repaired" (contaminated) it and wasted my time and money for nothing!!

I bought my custom tx2500 primarily to play music at work and DJ parties!!,, there's no way I could live with that HORRIBLE popping/clicking sound!!
    The high heat and fan noise I suppose I can live with for the features/price that's packed in this machine.

Thanks you, thank you, thank you!! I instantly went from being an unsatisfied/pissed tx2500 owner to a semi-happy owner! :D :D