tx2510us pairing with bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by iraklic, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iraklic

iraklic Pen Pal - Newbie

So, yesterday I bought a SONY bluetooth headset, which some reviewers of it claim to have paired to their laprtops.

my tablet wasn't able to locate any bluetooth devices :(

Any idea what can I try?

2. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Is your bluetooth radio turned on? Did you set the headset to "discoverable" mode? Are you running the latest bluetooth stack? Can you pair, or even see, any other devices besides the headset?

3. iraklic

iraklic Pen Pal - Newbie

As far as I know bluetooth on my tablet is activated along with the wlan, so yes it should be on.
    Yes, I did set my headset into descoverable-stanby mode as it was in the manual of the headset.
    I do not know which stack I am running, I haven't installed any by myself I guess it is the one which comes with the vista. Should I try anything with it?

I'm gonna try other bluetooth devices today and will post about it later.

I hope with your help we can make it work, it is really the best headset I have come across so far, so I not wanna return it :)

4. iraklic

iraklic Pen Pal - Newbie

OK, I have just searched random devices in the middle of the university cafeteria, and found a cell fone, so the bluetooth is on and it is working and able to find devices.

What now? :)

5. lexcavaj

lexcavaj Pen Pal - Newbie

what model exactly is your bluetooth headset? if its a sony ericsson, find the model number and google "how to connect <headset model> to pc". :) i've had a sony erricsson bluetooth headset once and realized that i had to press down both +/- volume at the same time to get it to be on "search mode". SE BT headphones usually are set auto-pair with SE cellphones.

6. iraklic

iraklic Pen Pal - Newbie

7. Thokas

Thokas Too many laptops...

I have that exact headset. I needed to download all the bluetooth software updates from HP's website in order for my tx to find my headset. After getting the software I put the headset into search mode and ran the add device wizard in the bluetooth menu. Works great, hopefully you get everything sorted out.

8. iraklic

iraklic Pen Pal - Newbie

well, this is the only driver they have on hp website:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=2093&product=3747931
    i reinstalled it anyways in my tablet, but I cannot pair it anyways... the tabled doesn't see the headset.

Thokas: were there any other software updates that you have installed???

There is one thing I found in the manual:
    ---------------------
    The bluetooth device is not equipped with SCMS-T content protection. With the unit turned off, press and hold POWER and (play, pause button) for about 7 seconds to deactivate the SCMS-T protectio. The indicator (blue) flashes once.
    ----------------------

Are they suggesting to turn it off then try to pair and then turn it on again?

Should I try that???

9. iraklic

iraklic Pen Pal - Newbie

OK... Good NEWS... I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!

Of you have the same problem:
    1. Go to the Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Bluetooth Device->Options in the 'discovety' parth make sure 'Allow bluetooth devices to find this computer'
    2. then repeat the normal procedure for pairing.. Note that you might require to turn of and on ur headset after successful pairing
    3. If sound still comes from the computer go to sound setting and set your bluetooth headset as default
    Note that some software might have their own default settings (like gtalk) and you might need to go ahead and make sure u have ur headset as default.

I hope this helps... good luck and have fun :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.