tx2510us, color matching

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Tiezep, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

I got tired of the 2 tone colors of the tx2500 I own, also the paint was falling off and getting scratches from nowhere so replacing the palm rests was a big deal for me.

I found 2 great deals on ebay which actually made financial sense.

oh, and please excuse the quality of the pictures, my camera is kinda old

Before:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

now I believe I got the best everything, the looks, the heat reduction mod, and the wacom.

oh, and it's amd/ati with now upgraded ram too

Cheers,
    -Tyler

2. acts

acts Pen Pal - Newbie

I order the palm rest and black keyboard off of ebay as well.. was it hard to replace the palm rest? I am worried I am gonna eff it up. I have the tx2000z though.
    I guess I should look to see if a heat reduction mod is doable for mine as well.

3. Tiezep

well if you take a crack at the heat reduction mod then you'll know how to remove the palm rests.

it's really simple actually, I'm sure you can find a tx2000 tear down on the web somewhere that will make things easy,
    -Tyler

4. brokenlax

brokenlax Pen Pal - Newbie

what temps are you getting?

5. colmiak

colmiak Pen Pal - Newbie

wow! awesome, my palm rests are all scratched up bc i was taking care of a friends puppy and he was teething. how much did this cost you? im jumping on ebay now!

edit: would you happen to have a link to the black palm rest? i can't find any :(

edit 2: nvm i found it, to go all black(including keyboard) it would cost me around 60$, not too bad. still would like to know how much you paid ;p

6. Tiezep

if I remember this cost me about $50 to replace both the keyboard cover and palm rest (with shipping).

it really does make this laptop a looker and beats paying $120 (if you were to get the parts from hp)

I personally like having the silver keyboard because the half plastic ring on the back is still silver
    -Tyler

7. colmiak

colmiak Pen Pal - Newbie

oh yeaa, i was going to ask if you managed to get a black half plastic ring or not. might have to borrow one from bestbuy or something. lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.