tx2510us and Win 7

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Algusod, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Algusod

Algusod Pen Pal - Newbie

Alright, I loaded 7 on Thur and got the Wacom touch and pen drivers in update on Sat morning. But the drvers don't provide for the button - any chance they will give us that ?-or go back and do the dreaded 'driver drill' of trying old drivers unti we find one that works?

Over all I am happier wth Win 7 -faster cooler-but compatibility problems. The patch for painter 4 essentials says it can't find it-corel problem-the program will run, but takes like 5 min to get going-guess that is what the patch is supposed to fix. Guess I'll try GIMP.

This forum was of great help, lot of talent and help here. Just wanted to see if anyone else with 2510us had similar experiene with Win 7.

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

what buttons are you referring to? The pen?

3. Algusod

Algusod Pen Pal - Newbie

Yessir, roger - the pen button. The 2510 came with a pen with one button and the Win 7 does not allow it. Just click and hold is all I see in the updated dialog box. I have had the tablet since July 08 and got used to using the button as the right click option. When I first loaded the Win 7 - that pen driver had the button option - but like many the cursor we jumpy and there was no touch at all. After the Sat morning update two new drivers installed and touch ang pen work except the button is not recognized.

4. trihy

trihy Scribbler - Standard Member

I didn´t get any win updates regarding touch. Pen works great with the win7 built in drivers. Both eraser and pen button.

5. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

Running Windows 7 on my tx2500, using the wacom drivers that were pushed out over windows update the button on my pen works just fine, exactly the same as it did in vista.

6. Algusod

Algusod Pen Pal - Newbie

Interesting - here are the the drivers Update loaded on Saturday, and now it says my system is up to date:

Wacom - Input - Wacom USB Touch
    Wacom - Input - Wacom USB Pen

And I have the check boxes for the pen button - but if I push the button or hold it all I get is the white circle - no menus.

Anyway I am happy to have the touch back and the pen works - just would like the button - developed the habit and having to develop a new one.

I had vista home premium - tx2510us - 3 gig, griffin ati - and upgraded to Win 7 premium. May try the clean install procedure they have posted and see if I get different results. thanks.

7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

when you tap & hold the pen on the screen, what happens? without the button press.

8. Algusod

Algusod Pen Pal - Newbie

Interestingly -the same thing - I get the white circle - so If I tap and hold, the circle comes up and if I release then I get the menu. But if I push the button, I get the white circle and that is it, no menu-nothing. If it tap and push the button and release I get the same menu as tap and hold, so I don't know if the button is doing anything. I am used to just hover, push button as right click and get menus...so maybe it is just getting used to the win7 mechanic for penputing.

On the other hand if others in a similar configuration are having a different experience, I am interested in what is going on.

Does anyone use Painter Essentials 4 and have the same delay or tried using the Corel Patch and get the message that PE4 is not on their machine. I never upgraded to any other version of painter. So I do not know if it is a problem with it being an OEM version or if Corel has a bug. Oh well, as the zen view would say - the journey is part of the gift.

9. stormi

stormi Scribbler - Standard Member

Are you using the windows7 drivers for touch?
    I'm running them too. You first need to press the pen button and then tap the screen. When you install the wacom drivers, you can get the right-click menu just by pressing the pen button.

The reason why I'm using just the win7 drivers is, that you can calibrate the pen and touch correct, when you are using an external monitor in extended mode.

10. pff1029

pff1029 Scribbler - Standard Member

I thought there was a middle-click option under Vista, along with many more options to assign to the button. I remember holding the button down under OneNote and flicking up to add more space to write. Under 7, the middle-click option will be way more useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.