tx2500z Vista Home Premium Start up Time

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Engreeks1, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Engreeks1

Engreeks1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi there,

I just finished removing a bunch of services to speed up Vista performance. I then restarted and used a stopwatch to determine how long it took to start up.

I was pretty surprised and disappointed...

It took 2:10 to get to the desktop, and 3:06 to actually have a highly responsive desktop. I started the timer from the time I pressed the on button. The laptop was in high-perf mode and it was plugged in the whole time.

Have any of you optimized Vista to start up faster than that? What techniques did you use? How fast does your machine start up.

Eric

2. Kyle Porter

Kyle Porter Veteran Moderator Senior Member

that's fairly slow. My 2710p boots in 1:05 (timed), and about 1:45 to a responsive desktop. My 2710p is weak compared to your tx2500, something is off.

EDIT: This is booting time for vista business.

3. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

Clean OS install, streamlined Vista following NoteBookReview's tips (google or look for NBR Vista Optimization), and turned off aero.

Takes me now a minute 10 seconds from the On switch to the desktop being touch responsive (using a non-Wacom pen when i can't bother to look for it)

but 2 minutes on a factory OS is not bad...considering it could take A LOT longer for even the fastest laptops.

4. amitbl

amitbl Pen Pal - Newbie

i've got about the same figures on my tx2520ej.
    3:00-3:30 mins to get a fully responsive desktop.
    to tell you the truth - it doesn't bother me all that much... i boot my computer only once a week and when i need to update somthing.
    i keep it at sleep mode about 60% of the day. takes about 15-20 secs to wake-up to a fully responsive desktop and around the same time to fall asleep...
    the power draw at sleep mode is unoticeable and completly neglible if you're useing anything bigger than a 4-cell...

5. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Pen Pal - Newbie

I installed a Seagate momentus 7200RPM 320 GB drive. I was getting 2 min to desktop and 3:30 to functionality (typically just after the wireless status appears). I now get 55 sec to desktop 2 min to full functionality. I am using the old drive as a backup in a usb case. I have the original install with some teaks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.