tx2500z shipping delays?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by man4857, Jul 21, 2008.

1. HellsChicken

HellsChicken Pen Pal - Newbie

Perhaps a whole forum full of BBB complaints will help improve their custome service in the future

2. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Got $50 coupon code today in email for the delay. Used to right away yo buy ink and paper.

Amazing really since I used a $500 off coupon to buy the TX2500.

Worth the minor wait. Besides, I have my HDX to play with (read: de-bloat and optimize) until then.

3. pardes3

pardes3 Scribbler - Standard Member

are these coupons being sent automatically ? or do you guys request them? Caz i just got off the phone and dumb csr was like since you have 5 to 7 business day shipping the order won't be considered late unless you don't receive it on or before Monday 7th.

4. bait

bait Pen Pal - Newbie

i think they're automatic. my email was exactly the same as the others.

5. jellycow

jellycow Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah. Just got the email about the delay + $50 coupon.

Tried to order a gift card with it (hee hee) but didn't work (oh well).

But I did notice that it works for extended warranties. So I might do that or get the TX series stand (when it comes back in stock).

6. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

When I called this morning, CSR said that they will be sending one. Mind you, I didn't ask for one. She just said one will be on it's way. So I'm thinking they are automatic.

7. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

One way or the other it's definately a sweet machine... I just got tired of waiting and knew if I didn't get one this week, I'd be out of town for three weeks without a laptop, and that won't do ha. I'm fairly impatient though ha, just waiting for the original 24th ship date was a bit annoying, and going into the unknown with delays would surely not work ;)

I'll probably never know the difference between the two... I'd say if you can wait and used the $500 coupon, wait it out... but if you didn't, the Circuity City machine is a great deal for what it includes for a touch over a grand, in my opinion... my similarly spec'd out 2500 from HP with the 2.4 but only 2GB of Ram was about $1350 before the paypal 10% coupon I had used, which still only dropped it down to $1255.00 plus shipping and taxes.

Getting the bloatware and updates under control... wanna atleast play with it a few days before I do a clean reinstall. Will update later on!

8. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

LOL! you should probably be a bit patient. I never did call HP and the email turned up automatically. In any case was your ship date on the 25th, if so then you should have gotten the same email as the rest of us did.

9. HTGamingPC

HTGamingPC Pen Pal - Newbie

All 3 of the TX2000s I've gotten/returned and the TX2500 I'm about to return have come from the same address in Shanghai. I doubt any would come from anywhere else. The TX2500 I have now was ordered on the 10th and were at my house in NJ on the 17th, which is pretty consistent with the tx2000s I got last month.

10. pardes3

pardes3 Scribbler - Standard Member

why are you returning them all?