tx2500z shipping delays?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by man4857, Jul 21, 2008.

1. HTGamingPC

HTGamingPC Pen Pal - Newbie

Darn, they sent me the $50 coupon too. Wondering if its worth calling in to get $50 off instead, since I don't see myself buying much from there in the near future.

2. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

The 2 business day shipping is not worth it. Usually, the 5-7 day shipping only takes around 3 business days(depending on where you live). They should be offering you a $50 coupon for the delay which is the same as what the 2 day shipping costs.

My older HP's shipped from Shanghai but were built by the contract manufacturer(Wistron) in Kunshan. Where exactly its built depends on the CM, maybe someone who has received theirs can probably tell from the 'From' address on the box. But, its well known fact that almost all HP notebooks are built in eastern China.

3. HellsChicken

HellsChicken Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, the backpack which was shipped from Mississippi took 5 business days to reach me in Seattle. I can't believe that something shipped via the same 5-7 day shipping option from China would arrive here sooner than something shipped from within the lower 48. I'd much rather they put that $50 coupon towards the 1-2 day option.

4. zeromeus

zeromeus Pen Pal - Newbie

I got the same email also. After I complained twice about my order not being shipped and no communication from HP about the matter, I got the emails saying that it'll ship tomorrow with a maximum delay of 1 week from original ship estimate.

I hope it ships tomorrow as promised. Darn it! That means I'll have to wait until after July 4 . .. Wasted a whole weekend! UGH!

5. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, I live in Charleston, WV and thats how long it took for my previous laptop(Compaq V3000) to arrive from Shanghai. I guess it depends on how they route it through & where you live which determines the time. They fly into Anchorage, AK from Shanghai, go through customs(either here or in Indianapolis) and then on to Memphis or Indianapolis and then (for me)direct to Huntington, WV which is just 50mi away from where I live.So, it only took 3 days to get here. The delays happen during customs where they might be held up for what ever reason for a couple of days. But, based on my experience it typically it doesnt take 5/7 days.

6. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, I broke down and canceled my order, and just got home with a Circuit City TX2510.... They have them in stock for $1099, with a $50 mail-in rebate, along with the free $70 printer, and if you buy through Fatwallet you'll get another $22 off....

I just didn't wanna wait any longer, i ordered the 14th of June, and am going out of town the first of july for a few weeks, and was also told the same delays... originally June 24, then no word, called them, was told it had shipped and the email system was slow, and then about 7:00PM on the 25th got the delayed 7 days email... so, called and made them cancel it, as they had no idea what was going on, and all they can say is it's "in production", but no idea where or at what status.... terrible system in my opinion...

They did send me the $50 coupon as well, so curious if I can still use it, I have every intention of trying at some point soon, they better still honor it if for nothing else than the hassel.

Getting the 2510 setup as i type this beside me, it's a pretty nice setup for the money I still gotta say, especially if you didn't get to use the $500 off coupon. It's got all the options and goodies, 3gb ram, 250gb HD, bluetooth, wirelessN, fingerprint, webcam, 64MB Sideport Video Ram, and the 2.1Ghz CPU. Not bad for $1050. Well, off to go play, will be benchmarking in a bit.

7. bait

bait Pen Pal - Newbie

you got them to cancel today? i called yesterday to cancel and they said it was too far into production! i ordered mine on the 14th as well. you did exactly what i was planning on doing, getting the one at CC. that's it, i'm *****ing until they cancel it.

8. be77solo

be77solo Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, the email I got said

"The revised estimated ship date for your order is 6/27/2008
    or no later than 7 business days from the original estimated ship date. If you
    prefer not to wait you may cancel your order and receive a prompt refund
    by either replying to this email message with your order number or
    calling our toll-free customer service number at 866-217-6014 between
    7:00 A.M. - 2:00 A.M. (ET) Monday through Friday or on Saturday between
    10:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. (ET).

So, I called them immediately and made them cancel... I had to refer to the email, but once I told them about the email and where it told me to contact them for a prompt refund, it was suddenly possible to cancel and would have my refund on the card within 24 hours. Amazing how it went from too late but not sure where it is or when it will ship to magically cancelled and money back on card in 24 hours... Call em up and they can do it, just won't initially. good luck!

9. pardes3

pardes3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Bastards have admitted finally that it is due to component shortage.... but cannot give credit, cannot cancel, cannot give coupon. Dumbest customer service dept on the planet. According to them they cannot even change the shipping method once the order has been placed... idiots.

10. pardes3

pardes3 Scribbler - Standard Member

be77solo: since you have your new baby in your hands !!! is the wait worth it ?