tx2500z shipping delays?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by man4857, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cig

Cig Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank You. Cadaeic

2. whidbeyguy

whidbeyguy Pen Pal - Newbie

Ordered mine the evening of June 20th.
    Expected Ship Date July 21

2.4 Ghz
    8 Cell Battery

With the pushed up ship dates of all recent TX2500 orders, I'm sure many of us are wondering if our ship dates will adjusted for the better. I'm hoping to see posts from anyone receiving their's early.

Watching this tread is a hoot. I gotta get a life.

3. tC_Crazy

tC_Crazy Pen Pal - Newbie

Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

4. Underdog7

Underdog7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yup, I've got the 2.4 and 8 cell, too and have the same order/ship date as you! Looks like we're in the same boat here. Oh and I know what you mean about watching this thread. I figure if I can't actually get my TX2500, I might as well watch as other people live out my dream... XD

(seriously can't wait though)

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  5. tn1

tn1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just wanted to update ppl who are following the thread. The "scratch" on the screen turned out to be some kind of adhesive. It wiped right off. Everything else seems okay for now except the webcam.

6. DeckerRX

DeckerRX Pen Pal - Newbie

Ordered mine 6/19, they gave an estimated build date of 7/22. I must be lucky becuase I got an email 6/30 saying it had shipped and will arrive 7/3!

2.4 ghz 8-cell....

7. tC_Crazy

tC_Crazy Pen Pal - Newbie

Really? That's surprising because I ordered a 2.4Ghz with 6-cell on the 17th... and it still hasn't shipped. =/

They must really hate me at HP.. can't figure out why, my family owns two of their computers already!!

8. pattertj

pattertj Tablet Tweaker

I placed my order on 6/18/08 and the tx2500z Ship date was 6/27/08. I got an email on 6/27/08 stating there was a delay and they would be issuing a $50 coupon and the stated the ship date would be 7/1/08. On 7/1/08, the tx2500z shipped.

2.4Ghz, 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD, 6-Cell Battery, ABGN+BT, Lightscribe

Now I just need to gauge if this battery life will be enough for me to get through 3 consecutive 1hr classes... I'm considering using my $50 off on a 2nd battery....

I'm also planning an extra stick of 2GB to max out at 4GB, a Vertical Waterfield Designs Sleeve and a Photodon Screen Protector (unless the GBM roundup ends with something amazing).

I am pleased with HP's support and quick, honest resolution to their shipping delays.

9. bakdai

bakdai Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm in the same boat as you TC. I don't think it's a "hate" thing (and I'm sure you don't either). Just the way it is. I called yesterday just to see what was going on and got the runaround. I finally got someone to tell me that it is a component shortage and that the build date completion should be July 4th. At some point, since if that's the complete build date and that's over the 7 days from the initial estimate (and it is), we should get something more than $50. We have no choice but to wait, but it's hardly an ideal situation unless we cancel and run to Circuit City.

10. startear

startear Pen Pal - Newbie

Has this happened to anyone: Package showing "Delivered" and signed for by "A.NCIP CLEARD" at Anchorage, AK? I am hoping that their system is just behind in updating the record...

Jul 1, 2008
    3:08 PM Delivered ANCHORAGE, AK
    3:08 PM Int'l shipment release ANCHORAGE, AK
    2:30 PM In transit SHANGHAI CN