tx2500z shipping delays?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by man4857, Jul 21, 2008.

1. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, if you take into account the same amount of delay as the person who ordered on the 10th with a ship date of 19th was delayed by 4 days(without counting the weekends). The June 25th shipment if delayed by the same number of days should expect to ship next Mon or Tuesday.

2. twistntouch

twistntouch Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, I'm not going to expect this batch to ship until at least next Wednesday (7/2).

As I recall, 6/16 (my order date) was just on the cusp before HP started estimating production time being a month long and took off the ZM-86 off their website. I'm sure it will be delayed into next week, but I don't mind - I'm in no rush and the extra $50 credit I'm sure to get from HP Home & Home Office is more than worth the extra wait.

3. pardes3

pardes3 Scribbler - Standard Member

hp is starting to piss me off with these delays

4. tn1

tn1 Pen Pal - Newbie

I am in the same boat as everybody else. I ordered on the 16th and as expected my order hasn't shipped either. This sucks

5. twistntouch

twistntouch Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah it blows, I was expecting a speedier delivery - when I ordered my tx2000z CTO I ordered it on a Monday and it shipped the following Sunday. It arrived on my doorstep the Wednesday it was supposed to ship. I sort of figured it would be the same this time around, but I was wrong. Clearly they are having some supply/stock issues with the new Puma platform. I'm just hoping we don't see a month delay with everyone who is currently placing orders.

6. pardes3

pardes3 Scribbler - Standard Member

I say heads should roll at the HP slave factory for not getting us the awesome puma platform notebook in a timely manner....

7. billycat

billycat Pen Pal - Newbie

Same story here ordered on 6/16 (Due to the coupon, I believe there are quite a few of us.) estimated ship date of 6/25.

I don't expect to see it until July either.

8. edw1nk

edw1nk Pen Pal - Newbie

not sure if this is an issue with the tx2500s. if you customize the new dv5, the estimated ship date is on july 7.

i also had an estimated ship date of june 25th.

9. bait

bait Pen Pal - Newbie

i just received an email from hp saying my order will be delayed until the 27th "or no later than 7 business days from the original estimated shipping date." it was originally scheduled for yesterday. they also sent me a coupon code for use at their store. i haven't checked how much it's worth, but i suppose that is a nice gesture nonetheless. it says i may cancel now if i decide not to wait, so i may do that. i'm just too impatient (and didn't get to use the $500 coupon in the first place so no difference), and will likely get it at circuit city.

10. steel

steel Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered on the Jun 18, 2008, estimated ship date Jun 27, 2008. So it appears to be roughly the same time frame they gave us all

HP Pavilion tx2500z customizable Notebook PC
    Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (32-bit)
    AMD Turion(TM) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-86 (2.4 GHz)
    12.1" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) w/Integrated Touch-screen
    3GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3200 Graphics
    HP Imprint Finish (Echo) + Microphone + Webcam
    802.11b/g WLAN and Bluetooth
    320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
    SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
    8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

I'll keep everyone up to date with the shipping info.