tx2500z shipping delays?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by man4857, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rubdom

rubdom Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is still "In transit" from Alaska but it left late at 10:47pm. For those of you that your shipment is in Memphis did you pay for 2 day shipping or standard? I paid for standard. Do you think that is why mine is still in transit from Alaska or do you think it is because i'm in TX?

2. Cig

Cig Pen Pal - Newbie

New here. I am here because of my Tx2500z was Estimate ship date 6/27 but still in Order in Production. I want to see if I can solve out what's the problem that cause the delay.

I kinda found the possible problem...
    http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/pr...mpid=in_r329_personalization/browse3/home_PDP
    http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/RQ204AA

I am now thinking maybe is the 8-cell Lithium-Ion Battery that has been choking the order.

If your order is delay can you put down your Estimated ship Date & is your order on 8-cell Lithium-Ion Battery or 6-cell Lithium-Ion Battery?

If your order shipped out already can you list your Estimate ship date & is your order 8-cell Lithium-Ion Battery or 6-cell Lithium-Ion Battery?

Thank You.

3. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

First of all, again, don't worry, it has already left alaska. even if you have the standard shipping. Fedex doesnt update to the minute, they're sporadic -you will see a load of updates all at once and then nothing for another 24 hours. My guess is that only the people with TN shipments got updated and the other hubs havn't received em yet or just haven't submitted tracking info. anyway, hang in there only a day or two more!

4. rubdom

rubdom Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered with the 6 cell batt and it shiped on friday.

5. EX33396948

EX33396948 Nursing Student

The battery isn't what's slowing orders. Batteries are an "in stock" item made 24/7. It's not a specific part. I believe baised on the evidence shown that the error was caused in due part to the processor swaps. Anyone with a 2.4Ghz needs to come forward and tell us if theirs has shipped yet and how long their delay was.

6. roflballs

roflballs Pen Pal - Newbie

First 2.4 ghz model:
    Ordered 6/16
    Estimated 6/25
    Shipped 6/27

It's now in New Jersey according to FedEx... Less than 75 miles to go T_T;;

Second 2.4 ghz model:
    Ordered 6/21
    Estimated 7/22

No changes in the estimated date yet =/.

7. twistntouch

twistntouch Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered the 2.4 GHz processor, it shipped on 6/27, only two days late. Its in memphis already along with a slew of other peoples.

I'm very curious as to why when my Tx2000 shipped last month it went from Anchorage, AK to Indianapolis, IN right away, but this month our Tx2500's are moving from Alaska to Memphis, TN - any reason for that?

8. EX33396948

EX33396948 Nursing Student

Maybe it has to do with the day? Maybe TN is open on Sunday and they sent it there for an uninterrupted shipment.

Maybe it has to do with the quantity? Maybe they all shipped together and are being sorted to this coast at that plant because of the high quantity. When you ordered your TX2000, was it a unit that hadn't been out for even a week? I got mine the first day I could when the web site stopped glitching on me and showed the 2500 as is instead of the 2500 as the 2000

9. corwinspyre

corwinspyre Pen Pal - Newbie

You're making bad assumptions now :p. I didn't say it doesn't benefit you; I said they didn't do it for your benefit (they did it to sell more notebooks). There's a difference. (edit: BTW I don't mean any offense)

10. rubdom

rubdom Pen Pal - Newbie

It is not in stock. I went to order an 8-cell battery and it shows out of stock.

http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/pr...mpid=in_r329_personalization/browse1/home_PDP

I ordered the 2.4Ghz with a 6-cell on June 18th and it shipped on the 27th which was the original order estimate.