tx2500z shipping delays?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by man4857, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twistntouch

twistntouch Pen Pal - Newbie

For all you guys who received their tracking numbers sometime last night/this morning - I can say with almost 99.9% certainty you'll get your laptop before the holiday. HP ships from China using IP Direct Distribution (I'm sure you knew that already), so they send a boatload of notebooks out from Shanghai, to Alaska, and then once it clears customs in Alaska its literally like 24 hours until it hits your doorstep. I ordered a tx2000z earlier last month, and it shipped on a Monday (it even missed the cutoff too) and I received it by 9:30am Wednesday morning, even though they predicted Thursday. This was just their Free standard 5-7 business day shipping, keep in mind. Here's the tracking for all who are interested (its in reverse order):

May 21, 2008 9:43 AM

Delivered

NAPERVILLE, IL

7:06 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

AURORA, IL

7:03 AM

At local FedEx facility

AURORA, IL

3:58 AM

At dest sort facility

CHICAGO, IL

4:25 AM

Departed FedEx location

INDIANAPOLIS, IN

2:19 AM

Arrived at FedEx location

INDIANAPOLIS, IN

May 20, 2008 5:14 PM

Departed FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

2:19 PM

Int'l shipment release

ANCHORAGE, AK

12:25 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

3:24 PM

In transit

SHANGHAI CN

May 19, 2008 11:00 AM

Picked up

SHANGHAI CN

Package received after FedEx cutoff

11:00 AM

Left FedEx origin facility

SHANGHAI CN

Point being, all our tx2500z's shipped Thursday night (Friday morning in Shanghai) therefore missing Friday's cutoff. We should expect them by Tuesday or perhaps Wednesday if something goes terribly wrong. My tx2500z shipped last night (11am shanghai time). HP estimates 5-7 business days but it ends up being the same whether or not you paid extra for the 2-day shipping - its gonna come in 2 or 3 days.

2. bakdai

bakdai Pen Pal - Newbie

I received the $50 coupon email and the other email saying my computer will be shipped on 6/30. Good news is, at least they're all going out now. Component shortage seems to be over for the near future.

3. pardes3

pardes3 Scribbler - Standard Member

now can we have some suggestions as to what to get with this 50$ coupon?

* TX stand $50
    * Quick Dock $130
    * 1 year accidental coverage $105
    * Mouse ???

4. zeromeus

zeromeus Pen Pal - Newbie

You can get a USB docking station from other manufacturers for much less. 1 year accidental... well... I've been using my laptop for over 6 years and had never had an "accident." TX stand? Too expensive! It's just a piece of plastic with nothing... why pay $50? Use a cork like someone said in another thread. I'd say go for a bluetooth mouse. That way, you won't need to use up one of your USB ports; provided you ordered bluetooth with your TX. OR... use it on your next purchase of a TX3000????

5. pardes3

good advice

edit: so mouse seems like a good choice... any thing else?

6. EX33396948

EX33396948 Nursing Student

Unfortunately, don't get the MoGo mouse. That mouse is AMAZING but it doesn't fit the TX2500. T_T

Everything else was crap IMO, out of stock or usless. I got some USB AA batteries. The bluetooth mouse they have (other then the MoGo) is over priced. Using the $50 rebait on it is like getting a slightly discounted one from a standard store.

My second choice was the bluetooth head phones (big and small). The rebait doesn't do much for them and the practicality was limited.

IMO if you have another laptop, and if it fits with the bluetooth (even without it you can get a extreamly small USB TOOTH), GET THE MOGO MOUSE!

7. pardes3

I already have a Vx nano mouse and think everything else is SO overpriced on their web site that its not even funny. So I just bought the accidental warranty for 60$ after coupon... since I have a young one who loves to spill stuff and throw things around. It made sense.

I mean stuff after coupon on their website is still more expensive than ebay for the same new item.

8. yungdinero

yungdinero Pen Pal - Newbie

HEy guys, ive been lurkin on every TX2500 thread for the longest time but my tx2500 was supposed to ship today (6/27) but i heard a bunch of people got delay emails. I haven't gotten anything (no email or coupon) and Im getting real pissed off at HP and am about to cry (T_T)

Should I call or something

9. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

The coupons are usually sent the day after the scheduled ship date. So, your email/coupon might arrive tomorrow or on Monday. Most likely going to be a 2 day delay and not counting the weekend, you should probably expect it to ship on Tuesday.

10. SirGecko

SirGecko Pen Pal - Newbie

I too was supposed to ship out today and I emailed Hp and got this response:

Dear SirGecko,

Thank you for contacting the HP Home & Home Office Sales Center.

I apologize for the wrong expectation given to you regarding the shipping date of your order. Based on the order number you provided, the order status of your customizable notebook pc is still in production thus, it will not be shipped today. The build date of this product is today June 27, 2008 and will be shipped 5-7 business days after the build date. Hence, the estimated delivery of your notebook will be around the second week of July.

It says on the website "estimated to ship June 27" not "estimated to ship 5-7 days after June 27". Bother. I really want that coupon if they are going to make me wait.