tx2500z shipping delays?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by man4857, Jul 21, 2008.

1. ravic

ravic Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered the tx2500 on the 16th and it was supposed to be shipped out today. But has not yet. Given that they dont offer the config that i ordered anymore i have no hopes that they would ship it on time. I have not gotten any email about delays yet.

Did anyone who ordered around that date go theirs shipped yet?

Thanks

2. ocharry

ocharry Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered on the 10th and it just shipped this morning. It was supposed to be shipped on the 19th but it was delayed to today.

3. roflballs

roflballs Pen Pal - Newbie

I ordered on the same date (6/16) and have the same estimated shipping date (6/25)...

But...status page still says in production =/.

Time of order: 06/16/2008, 07:22:51 PDT

4. bait

bait Pen Pal - Newbie

i ordered mine on the 14th, supposed to ship yesterday, still no word. i emailed hp this morning and the service rep said "we will send it on the 24th." that's so funny because it looks like it's the 25th today! :mad:
    i may just cancel and buy one at circuit city.

5. tC_Crazy

tC_Crazy Pen Pal - Newbie

I would suggest you talk to HP, and see if they can do anything to make it worth your while for waiting (assuming that you don't need it by an absolute deadline). I've heard that some people have gotten significant credit ($50) for having to deal with delays. That could be significant, considering you'll be paying more more for the laptop at CC (I calculated and adjusted my price after the $500 coupon to be a savings of $350 over CC, all taxes included)

I'm really hoping this doesn't happen to me, as well... mine is scheduled to ship tomorrow. :( A ZM-86 with 320GB HD.
    Although, it probably wasn't going to make it here before I left on a one-week vacation anyway, so I may be able to pull some strings and come out a winner here.

Good luck with HP customer service.. I've heard it's generally hit-or-miss.

6. bait

bait Pen Pal - Newbie

thanks. in my case though i missed the coupon, so it wouldn't make too much of a difference. i don't get why mine would incur delays since it was the most basic config. 2gig ram, zm-80, vista 32bit, no fingerprint reader. it was basically the least configured. sigh...

7. dsjk100

dsjk100 Pen Pal - Newbie

same here, order date the 16 ship date today, status acording to hp "being built today", they claim they can't check any details on where it is in production, maybe they should get some type of computer system.

8. tC_Crazy

tC_Crazy Pen Pal - Newbie

I agree. HP's system somehow added 2 printers to my checkout and I failed to notice it until I printed out the receipt. I immediately called them and they said they couldn't see the order yet. It was 12:30am central time when I called. The sales lady told me to call back "later this morning." So, I called at 8:30am before work, and got the response "Well, the order has already been entered into our system. We can't change orders more than 30 minutes after they processed." So I had to wait for the shipment to arrive, call back, get an RMA, print a FedEx label, and drive 4 miles to Kinkos to ship it. For a computer company, their internal computer system seems quite obsolete. The employees can't even get things done!

I doubt they are even able to find out if the necessary components are in stock until at least the day after it was supposed to ship.

9. twistntouch

twistntouch Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey there,
    I've been poking around this forum for a long time and I finally have something to contribute, so I decided to register and reply...

Anyway, I also ordered a tx2500z CTO on 6/16/2008 as soon as I realized that $500 coupon worked for the tx2500 series. As of 4:40 (US Central Time) the webpage still says "Order in production
    (Estimated to ship on June 25, 2008)". I've received no word from HP regarding a delay. I plan to call tomorrow to see if I can't milk a $50 compensation credit out of customer service. Here is my configuration:

HP Pavilion tx2500z customizable Notebook PC
    Upgrade to Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
    AMD Turion(TM) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-86 (2.4 GHz)
    12.1" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) w/Integrated Touch-screen
    4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
    ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3200 Graphics
    HP Imprint Finish (Echo) + Microphone + Fingerprint Reader + Webcam
    Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n and Bluetooth
    320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
    LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
    8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
    Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
    HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

10. 2.0™

2.0™ Been Inkin' Staff Member

Same here. ordered 6/16 to be shipped 6/25 and no dice. Got the 2.1Ghz CPU. Everything else fully loaded.