TX2500 Unplugged = Choppy Flash Content

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by jacobdrj, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacobdrj

jacobdrj Pen Pal - Newbie

I have just installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on my TX2500Z CTO. The main problem I am having is with online streaming content. No matter what I do, either with Flash or Silverlight, while I am plugged in, everything runs smooth as butter, even with HD content. But even when I manually set High Performance settings to Maximum performance in both CCC and in Windows Power Options, I get choppy performance. I am using the latest drivers I can find (sans CCC 10.9, which I am downloading right now).

Does anyone else have this problem?
    If so, is there any way I can force the laptop to run at maximum performance.
    I don't care if battery life is 20 minutes, I need maximum performance without any choppyness available to me.

2. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

the laptop underclocks the cpu and gpu when it goes on battery to achieve better battery life.

you can use a program called K10stat to control the clock speeds and voltages of your processor (even while on battery).

there's a thread here about this program and I use the recommended clock speeds and voltages with great results,
    - Tyler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.