Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodoog

jodoog Pen Pal - Newbie

Or spend 700 and get a BNIB x61 on ebay with 3 years international warranty :)

2. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, I know. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep putting it up and taking it off again. It doesn't say good things about them at all.

It *is* the cheapest tablet available though, and if it's any consolation the last time I saw the page before it was taken down the far left £799 model had a 2.4GHz processor, so hopefully we're not stuck with 2.1 and 2.2's anymore.

jodoog: some of us have an irrational mistrust of ebay! :p

3. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

My order has now been delayed until the 21st of July

4. ateles

ateles Pen Pal - Newbie

Me too. The response I got from HP was
    So what's to stop them continuously delaying them?

5. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

I think they have taken it down from their website again aswell.

6. Art

Until a couple of days ago you could still find it using the search box, but it's gone totally now.

ateles: if they continuously delay it then customers get miffed and complain. If we're lucky some prominent magazine or blogger will take it up and rant about it, then HP will release a statement about how they're awfully sorry and it won't happen again.

In short, not much until a competitor releases a decent tablet at that price.

7. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

They could just be waiting for supply from America. You may find it will go up after the stock arrives in two weeks (if it arrives in two weeks).

8. ateles

ateles Pen Pal - Newbie

Yup... that's the problem... if there was an alternative I would have cancelled my order by now. I'm sure HP are aware that there isn't much out there that's comparable so they're happy to mess their customers around

9. Art

I wouldn't mind if it was just stock problems, but that doesn't look like what is happening. They've put the TX2500 up on the site nearly half a dozen times now and have always taken it back down, only to replace it again with different specced models with different prices. They're doing an amazing job of looking like a bunch of half-assed amateurs at the moment.

Web releases should be along the lines of A) Decide what you're selling, and for how much; B) Put up on website, maybe with "coming soon" instead of buy options; C) Start sales. If HP had done this they'd look competent and professional, and even if they were out of stock I'd be patiently twiddling my thumbs waiting to order.

Instead I'm here complaining like a little girl. Not that it'll do much except pass time. :rolleyes:

10. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

The date they expect stock to arrive has been put back by another day, it's now the 22nd of July.

I hope I get the spec I ordered and that they don't try to cheat me on any of the parts because of the price I got it at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.