Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bennyboy_r

bennyboy_r Pen Pal - Newbie

Managed to talk to the people and HP and tried to tell me they should never had had the ability to buy the tablets as they aren't actually in stock yet. I did however manage to get them to agree to the ~£550 price for a 2530 and art decal messenger bag.

Just have to see how long it will take for it to arrive! Oh and they also couldn't tell me about the other models and why the 2520 seems like a better tablet than the 2530 while still be identical prices!:confused:

2. danl

danl Pen Pal - Newbie

Was meant to arrive at HP today, but I emailed and got the following reply:

3. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

Not unexpected (2nd July seemed too early from what they were saying before) but disappointing nevertheless. At least it has tracked properly on Quidco!

I see the TX2500EA is now being listed as "in stock" at £582 inc VAT - this seems more in-keeping with previous pricing (£23 less for half the HDD of the TX2530) but I agree their whole range of pricing seems barmy.

@bennyboy_r - glad they agreed the price in the end! I didn't know anything about the art decal messenger bag though! - a nice bonus if it arrived!

4. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

The £583 model was £599 this morning, so they're clearly still fiddling with the prices. The big question is what will get cheaper and what will go up in the final pricings...

5. bennyboy_r

The 2500 on sale for £583 is a 2530. Or at least that is what it seems to be. I am so very lost right now with HP being horribly unhelpful and their support staff not knowing real release dates or information about their own products.

6. alanjrobertson

@bennyboy_r - as I mentioned above the only minor change in the TX2500 appears to be half the HDD space for £23 less than we paid (obviously at lot less than they are now advertising it at!)

7. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm glad I jumped in relatively early with the tx2500. Shame about the total lack of communication as to when it will arrive. I do have a date by which I will need mine. I just hope it arrives by then.

8. alanjrobertson

Credit card payment has now gone through on my order and the back order ETA has updated from 2/7/08 to 17/7/08, which would be in-keeping with danl's posting above.

BTW - anyone else find the sign-in screen for the HP store pretty flaky? After a successful login it just returns you to the login page - you then have to navigate back to the main store front and back before it seems to recognise the login! (if you enter the wrong login it comes up with an error message, but nothing to confirm a correct login!)

9. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Aaaand they've taken it off their site again.

If HP are trying to give the impression of being unorganised, they're doing a great job of it! :rolleyes:

10. bennyboy_r

I am starting to wonder whether it is really worth waiting for a computer company that can't sort its own website out! Maybe I am just being pedantic but us here in the UK have to deal with higher prices and longer waits. The Gateway which everyone agrees is the competitor of this isn't even able to be bought in England...

Maybe I will just save up and get the Dell.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.