Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodoog

jodoog Pen Pal - Newbie

Ah crap, a very nice deal indeed. Surely it is around the same price in the US?

That extra 200 pounds I spent on an X61 seems wasted right now :(

2. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Ah fer crying out loud. HP have taken the buy option for the TX2530ea down, we're back to them all being there but with no buying options.

What are they up to now?

3. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

They could be out of stock, or could have sold all of the initial stock they expect to get

4. danl

danl Pen Pal - Newbie

I bought one on the 29th June and it says ETA 2nd July and on back order. I also called them up but they didn't say anything specifically, just that it's on back order.

5. danl

danl Pen Pal - Newbie

I sent them an email, and got this reply:

6. toby2604

toby2604 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, kind of not related but are there anymore cashback/discount sites like Quidco

7. toby2604

toby2604 Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh and BTW, a price raise for all TX2500's :mad:

8. bennyboy_r

bennyboy_r Pen Pal - Newbie

Bought a tx2530 day before yesterday and they have cancelled my order without specifying the reason! Now that they have hiked their prices up and the vouchers and free delivery is no longer available I have a feeling it may not be legit...

9. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow - quite a price hike! I'm not so bothered about not getting the TX2550 now - not convinced it's worth the extra £194 over the £605 I paid for the TX2530 (and that's before the difference in pricing due to the offers that were on).

I've double-checked mine and it's listed as on back order too.

@bennyboy_r - if you received the 2nd email confirming acceptance of your order (as opposed to the first e-mail they send which is just confirmation of receipt of the order subject to verification) then I think you'd be in a pretty strong position to push them to stick to the original price.

10. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

I hadn't thought they were out of stock, running out that fast would make no sense.

Still, they've shuffled the configs around, which is confusing. Even more confusing is that the 2540 and 2550 are the same price, but one has a bigger hard drive, although one apparently has no Firewire, same for the other models. Weird.

Some of those price hikes are fairly steep: between the 2540 and the 2530 it's £100 more for 0.1Ghz more and 1GB more RAM, and the 2520 and 2530 cost the same but one has more RAM. That makes no sense at all.

They're bound to fiddle with those again sooner or later...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.