Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

1. miz

miz Pen Pal - Newbie

hi, has anyone actually bought a laptop off hp directly, if you have can u please tell me how long the delivery takes if the laptop is in stock. i just ordered a tx2530ea. thanks

2. shyam111

shyam111 Pen Pal - Newbie

I placed an order for a tx2550 last monday via bacs transfer, something to do with their finance team not being able to locate me and i'm still waiting for mine to arrive. so ive been waiting more than a week now. Sorry if that doesn't answer your question miz and i hope the same thing doesn't happen to you too.

3. miz

miz Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi shyam, i recieved my laptop today, i ordered on tuesday and recieved it on wednesday. thanks for the reply.

4. miz

miz Pen Pal - Newbie

hi, does any1 know how to disable the screen from using fingers so it only works with the pen? thanks

5. Murdock

Murdock Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm thinking of buying a TX2500, but I have just two more questions: with wifi disabled, screen brightness about 1/2 or so, what kind of battery life do you get? Secondly, how loud is it in 'battery saver' mode? I'm thinking of using it in class but don't want to annoy others (and myself)..

6. ROGUEx360

ROGUEx360 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know how I could get hold of a TX2500z in the UK? I know J1mmy has done this but he does not mention how, and I am unable to contact him to find out.
    I am trying to get the fully spec'd ZM-86 2.4Ghz model which is only available in America and not the UK.

Any help would be great, thanks!

7. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Ebay is the obvious suggestion, and there are bound to be other companies that'll ship to the UK.

However, be prepared to get hammered for import tax (an extra 17.5% I think). The safest way would be to ask someone that is heading to the states to buy it and pretend it's theirs when they walk through customs, but if you don't know anyone heading out then post is the easiest but more expensive way.

Out of curiosity, why are you so keen on the 2.4? Will the 2.2 not cut it for you?

8. ROGUEx360

ROGUEx360 Pen Pal - Newbie

Been reading reviews all over the place, and I do plan on doing some gaming on this, not much, but I thought, as I'm getting a new laptop now I'll try and get the best model of the one I decide on. I know all about the heat issues, and I have seen the screen on a TX2000 and know what it's like, and I think I could live with it.
    I won't be buying another laptop for another couple of years, so I think it'd annoy me if I couldn't get the 2.4Ghz model.

I have tried eBay, and I'm keeping my eye on there, but if you know of any companies in the US that would send it to the UK that would be great. I don't really know where to look, I've never been to America and aren't really familiar with retailers over there, and I don't know anyone going there any time soon. I want to get a new laptop within 2 weeks as I have just started back at University, and my old laptop died on me over the summer.

Thanks for any further help any of you can offer :)

9. Robtang

Robtang Scribbler - Standard Member

well trawling through this thread aparently http://www.hidevolution.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=378 will ship overseas to your specification.

Personally I think the performace differences are negligible (on the ZM series processors) (although it might be asking people to post a few benchmarks) and I dont think its worth not having a warrenty on a laptop not know for its exemplary build quality for even a significent extra processing speed.
    Besides the bottleneck for games on this laptop is really the graphics card, I doupt benckmarks will really show much (if any) difference between processors.

10. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

That's a very good point too. If your machine bricks itself after you open the box you're sunk.

Exactly which games are you planning on playing? From personal experience I'd agree with Robtang: it's the graphics card you need to worry about.