Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supersonic

Supersonic Scribbler - Standard Member

That's really useful - and has helped me decide. I'm going to give HP a wide berth and go for a Fujitsu T5010. I need my tablet to be reliable, not some PC testbench for HP's benefit.

I know no PC is perfect but with HP there are simply too many different problems reported by too many different people for me to confidently buy a TX. I was thinking I could buy some more accessories with the money saved buying a TX as opposed to the T5010, but if the HP machine won't work they'd be useless as well.

I hope you find something that meets your needs and thanks again for the informative post.

2. drentsoft

drentsoft Pen Pal - Newbie

Just an update... I rang tech support as a pre-cursor to ringing for a replacement and a very helpful dude told me that my problems might be a corrupt OS.

I reinstalled Vista and so far I haven't had nearly as many problems as I had before the reinstall... a few but definately down from the previous 11. He said that the missing firewire port could be a mistake and if I wanted I could ask for a replacement but it seems like a lot of hasstle for a port I don't think exists so I'm going to give it a couple more days to see if any major errors crop up and replace it if they do.

I think that they may have a corrupt installation disc but that the disc they use to install the recovery partition isn't corrupted. It's the only way I can see that both a 2130 and a 2550 would have the same problems that can be fixed by reinstalling the OS.

(P.S. Sorry if this is hard to understand my brain has slowly been adled over the last 10 hours)

3. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

The Firewire port is unfortunately a mistake replicated across their specs for all in the TX25x0 range. I agree it's not essential but I find it quite bugging they can't even get their own specs right.

I haven't been able to get my TX2530 to create recovery discs, no idea why. I've burnt other CDs fine but all their tech support e-mail suggested was phoning them on their (effectively premium) 0870 number - haven't got round to that yet!

4. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Try Say No To 0870. It doesn't have a freephone for tech support specifically, but it has geographic (IE technically ordinary and not premium) numbers. Or you could just ask customer services to put you through.

5. rusty_shackleton

rusty_shackleton Pen Pal - Newbie

for the person who wanted to know about warranty date specified in HP info - mine is saying 8th september, so looks like yours has been screwed up for whatever reason.

6. Art

Just had an admission via phone that yes, 2.4GHz was, in fact, incorrect and the people that said it was right were wrong. That's what, 4 about turns and denials now?

Offered a refund for the hassle. Bah.

7. tempusername

tempusername Pen Pal - Newbie

I have just talked to them. I said I bought this computer for my business and have been waiting for the last 2 months. The lady on the phone said "it will be a 2.2 Ghz and there is no way for the other". I wanted to say "OK, I accept" but she kept talking and kept saying "it is 2.2 GHz no way!!!", I said "Let me finish my words, I will accept" it but she continued to tell me the same thing like a parrot. At the end I was so angry I started to shout because she wasn't listening to me.

Consequently she said I will receive mine tomorrow (they said so, we will see :eek:) with a compensation of a total of £50. They offered to refund the 2Gb RAM I bought and I accepted (mine is with 4Gb RAM).

Anyway, I will raise a complaint to BSI (please refer to my previous post) about this and to HP too. They just didn't make it so complicated but also stole a year from my life.

Art, don't cancel it, you can claim a same sort of refund, or a compensation, an article from their accessories list.

I believe 2.4 and 2.2 is not a big deal I just wanted to take my money back for that difference. Actually, as far as I understand 2.2 doesn't create so much heat like 2.4.

I will keep you informed.

8. Art

Ah! Good to know! Thanks for telling me!

I agree that the difference between 2.2 and 2.4 isn't going to be huge, but that's beside the point. The point is that HP haven't got a clue what they're doing and guaranteed us something they now won't provide.

As for cancelling, I'm going to see what they're offering in terms of accessories first. If they try to fob me off with that awful corded mouse I'll politely send the machine back to them.

Out of curiosity, how did you get 4GB RAM in yours? Did you call them up and ask for it? I bought a 2GB stick separately.

9. HellloAST

HellloAST Pen Pal - Newbie

Appreciate the info.

I received a call from HP regarding my complaint, and the person said that I have to call post Sales people for Warranty details. When I told him that I had initially done exactly that, and that I got redirected three times to different people, until the final one lodged this complaint, he said, we can't do anything else, call the post sales again... :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. tempusername

tempusername Pen Pal - Newbie

As you say they sell the RAM separately but I bought it with the laptop and let them fit it. I didn't want to do anything because I didn't want to void the guarantee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.