Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Which points out a lack of clarity in HP's labeling system, especially given that a change to a hundred or thousand value in the name implies some sort of change to the base model itself, not the options it comes with. The fact that it is listed separately to the 2500's but seems to be something of the same range with the same base hardware makes things very confusing for the average consumer. The people on this forum aren't technological idiots but we can't see why it should appear to be a part of a separate range, so imagine what it's like for the technologically challenged.

I really doubt that it is something new, but that doesn't change the fact that HP are making things overly confusing.

2. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

Yeah, I agree. They have changed the system slughtly with the newer dv4-xxxx or dv5-xxxx(eg dv5-1004 or dv5-3599 etc). The current tx model numbering system is way too complicated for the average person. But, essentially the tx2600 is a sort of sub model of the tx2500 which is a branch off of main tx2000 series. ;)

3. noiseboy

noiseboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Only found out because I loged into my account then I emailed their customer service to get the tracking number...

4. rusty_shackleton

rusty_shackleton Pen Pal - Newbie

:D it arrived! i have a 2550! its frickin awesome.

bad luck to some though - the processor IS 2.2, NOT 2.4

cheeky ****s dont provide a battery for the remote control is my only nag at the minute :)

5. Art

Oh really?

There will be words about this. Very nasty words indeed....

Jammy sod for getting yours though, mine hasn't even arrived at the delivery branch yet and its due today. :confused:

6. tempusername

tempusername Pen Pal - Newbie

:mad:
    I called them for mine and they said it will be delivered on Thursday since I bought the laptop with 4GB ram.

After that I wanted to ask the processor and the girl told me it is 2.2 Ghz. I sent them the screenshots I had and now I'm waiting for the response.

Will let you know about it.
    :mad:

7. noiseboy

noiseboy Pen Pal - Newbie

8. Art

Hehehe if you've paid then regardless of what HP say or do that's completely illegal on Dabs part. I sure hope you've got a copy of the original invoice handy!

Go threaten them with legal action! :p

9. Supersonic

Supersonic Scribbler - Standard Member

Man, all this stuff is really putting me off buying an HP!

The only thing making me still consider them is that a Fujitsu T5010 is ca. £1300 ($2600 - US peeps you're very lucky to have such low prices).

Is the TX2550 really £700/$1400 worse than the T5010? Maybe it isn't but the customer service looks like it could be!

10. Art

I second that. Although the only T5010s that I've spotted are all maxed out 2.8GHz models, and I'd happily settle for a 2.0GHz if it was available and a good sight cheaper.

I can happily say that HP have earned themselves a place on my list of companies to avoid at all costs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.