Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh. For. F***'s Sake!

Didn't see this one coming.

Buy your new HP TX2600
    sometime soon!

I severely hope this is another screwup: seems similar to the 2500 but with Bluetooth.

If it turns out the tx2500 is obsolete already I'll cry though.

EDIT: Hehehe, it talks about the tx2500 all over the Features section. HP are such a bunch of idiots!

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. Supersonic

Supersonic Scribbler - Standard Member

Careful what you wish for, you might get it...

...just too late!

Sooooooo glad I didn't buy a tablet yesterday. I think I want the TX2xx0 - but have big concerns over build quality, inking quality (as in does it work properly, like the Fujitsu T5010) and HP customer service.

Re. the latter, your last sentence sums it up really. I've been lurking and reading through this thread and it's just unbelievable!

Hope you guys are all happy with the machines you're getting - would be good to post back your experiences with it for the rest of us 'undecideds'.

3. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

Wow, a whole 100 increase in model number for the additional of Bluetooth! Although it would've been nice to have had it built-in I've had no probs whatsoever with my nano BlueNEXT dongle I got from Amazon for a few quid. It really is amazing how inept HP seem to be though!

4. toxnox

toxnox Pen Pal - Newbie

"ATI Radeon™ HD 3200 Graphics with 64MB Display Cache Memory".

I think thats the difference.

The HD 3200 in the 2600 model has 64 MB dedicated Cache Memory. This should increase the Performance a lot.

5. rusty_shackleton

rusty_shackleton Pen Pal - Newbie

i dont think the 2600 is actually a new model - its the 2500 with some adaptations, and it says its unavailable. This is probably yet another HP screwup.

6. Art

Well now. A one off mistake I could understand, but the site lists three different models. Can't find specs for them though.

There's something fishy going on. I can't think why it'd be a new model, but it's pretty damn confusing anyway.

toxnox: There's a bit of debate about whether US models come with it or not, some people say they've got it even though it wasn't listed. I don't think they'd release a new "range" just for SidePort.

7. toxnox

toxnox Pen Pal - Newbie

@ Art
    o.k. thanks for the info. I just ordered one (tx 2550eg) from the german hp-store. When it arrives i give you all a feedback about the cache of the hd3200.

8. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

LOL! The tx2600 is just a progression of the tx25xx model numbers. All laptops HP sell outside the US & in retail stores are pre-configured, they get a specific model number as in tx2510us, tx2550ea....tx2599 etc. So, your tx26xx model is just a progression of the tx25xx series, not a new model per se. Of course, it might have different configurations but its going to be the same as the tx25xx series. Also, the tx2500's did use the sideport memory(there was a thread on it long time back).

9. Art

Yes, we know, but why call it the TX2600? The highest other model is the TX2550. Why skip 50 and go to 2600? Besides, the only difference from the 2540 is 1GB less RAM and Bluetooth included. If anything, the model number should be lower than the more powerful TX2550.

Besides, moving up to 2600 for no apparent reason is only going to confuse things.

10. miner

miner Scribbler - Standard Member

As far as why so early, keep in mind that its the worldwide model numbers that need to be taken into consideration. There are models with tx2590eo being sold in parts of EU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.