Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noiseboy

noiseboy Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I am as frustraded as you all, I have one on order with the bt shop (dabs) and they pushed back the delivery date again... I called HP to see what was going on and they told me that the 2550 will no longer be available!!!

So who knows what is going on in that place.... their price structure is all messed up... ie I was l going to order a mobile printer last week which was priced £179 and today it was at £279 long way over its retail price!

I dont even know how they manage to put a computer together....

Closest option seems to be the one in PC world TX2520 same memory but slower processor and smaller HD, or the TX2530 and spend another £25 to upgrade the memory, but both options will still cost the same as the TX2550!

2. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

They definitely said that it wouldn't be availalbe? Not that it just isn't currently available?

I really doubt they'd agree to provide Dabs et al with it and then pull the plug. If they do though I'm not even going to bother with another version of it, I'll just buy someone else's tablet.

3. GadgetMan

GadgetMan Pen Pal - Newbie

May I remind you what they said back in july (post #82)

Based on this priceless information from HP, I ordered the tx2550ea, and low and behold the tx2530ea ended up being delivered to people within a week, and we are still waiting for the 2550.

Then there is the speed fiasco. Its actually 2.4Ghz, no wait its 2.2GHz, no hang on its 2.4GHz, the website will be updated, (hadn't been last time I checked).

So I would take the latest piece of info with a pinch of salt, that is providing you have got any left by now.

There are lies, damn lies and HP statements!!!!

By the way I think the schedule updater has a job for life don't you.

4. noiseboy

Well when I asked HP about availability they said that the item was unavailable and that they would no longer be getting the TX2550 in stock!
    I am getting a bit desperate for it so I am considering other options but they all seem a lot more expensive!

5. tempusername

tempusername Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. tempusername

tempusername Pen Pal - Newbie

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I called HP call centre once again. As you may remember they promised to give me information about the reason of the delay, eventually as you expect, they didn't. But I got another information that the gentleman in the warehouse told us they are expecting the goods to arrive in the week commencing with 8th of September.

I want to believe but I can't. Time will tell...

PS: BTW they can't understand my English, I ask the reason they tell me it is an estimation, I asked "what did I tell you?", she said "a guaranteed date and I can't give a guaranteed date".

They can't understand, because they don't listen.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Oh, awesome. Now we have to play the "which one is lying?" game.

Yeah, but that's also a totally different machine made by a totally different company. There could be dozens of reasons why that machine has a later ETA, it doesn't necessarily have to be because it has the same CPU.
    That's funny, HP Track is now showing Monday the 15th, not Monday the 8th. :rolleyes: They don't have the slogan "HP: Invent" for no reason do they? Looks like they're having a great time inventing all kinds of rubbish on the spot.

They might want to ask for Danger Money soon though. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  8. rusty_shackleton

rusty_shackleton Pen Pal - Newbie

im going to contact trading standards tomorrow or thursday and see what they say, was going to phone them last week but forgot :(

Trading standards have been pretty good before when i've spoken to em, so with any luck :)

9. noiseboy

I got this from dabs today but it was the same as telling me nothing....

Thank you for your e-mail. From checking the quicklinx code on our system I can confirm that we will be receiving the item in stock on the 24/09/08 but please note that this may be subject to change in the future.

Regards

Customer Services
    dabs.com Plc

It just seems like a big joke and no one cares.... I spoke to another person in HP today again who said they are expecting a delivery soon but not sure what is coming in and that the TX2540 could be available from comet soon... but again it could all be "HP Inventing" again...

10. rusty_shackleton

rusty_shackleton Pen Pal - Newbie

*possibly* good news - HP are inventing a new date for their ETA - come down to september 10th... next wednesday fingers crossed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.