Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rusty_shackleton

rusty_shackleton Pen Pal - Newbie

with their newsletter discount, and quidco, my 2550 has cost £598 - i'm not going anywhere else cos i can't afford to pay the amount theyre after now, nor what other suppliers offering... ok, so i could pay up at a stretch, but i dont want to - HP took payment which means unless i cancel it, they are in a legally binding contract.

Maybe theyre just doing this so those of that ordered while their prices were wrong will hopefully cancel and they won't have to give us severely discounted laptops? lol -heard anything more from this watchdog/pc pro guy?

2. d-v-int

d-v-int Pen Pal - Newbie

Well the 2530 is available at Dabs now but its only 100 less and im loosing 80gb of HDD space, 1gb Ram and getting a slower processor. Thing is I need this lappy ASAP.

What date are you guys that have already ordered from Dabs getting?

3. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

*Rofl*

Really, this couldn't get any more silly if it was a Monty Python sketch. Wagers on how long they'll take to tell me that this email was incorrect?

Still no information on postage though.

4. d-v-int

d-v-int Pen Pal - Newbie

You should send them a link to this thread. The fact that so many people are seeing this and its obvious bad reflection on their site might get them to snap out of it.

5. tempusername

tempusername Pen Pal - Newbie

I have talked to their post sales department and as you expect they are telling me the same estimation story. They don't listen they just keep telling the same things.

I said I want an explanation for this delay, a problem in production or priority changes in the order handling or anything.

They will call me or send me an email and we will see what the explanation is...

6. d-v-int

d-v-int Pen Pal - Newbie

7. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

There was definitely a shortage of them in the States a wee while ago, but that doesn't excuse HP's crap customer service, reliably contradictory information or total lack of explanation or apology for how we've been treated as customers.

8. d-v-int

d-v-int Pen Pal - Newbie

Dabs down to 3-5 days, anyone who has it on order get an updated del. date?

9. rusty_shackleton

rusty_shackleton Pen Pal - Newbie

well the order tracking thing is "down for maintenance"

but, for the first time ever "[HP] apologizes [sic] for the inconvenience"

how nice of them, i wonder if they intend on apologizing [sic, again] for the excessive delays.

Whats worse is that it probably is due to these new processors in short supply - if HP had taken the time to make a phone call, or simply an email to apologise for the delay, im sure most people would be understanding that its out of their control. Almost every other company would do so - BT phoned to apologise for a broadband problem in my area that wasnt even affecting me. Dabs and Aria have always apologised with any order problems, Misco even went as far as to refund the delivery charge, and waive my next orders delivery charge over a delay of just 3 days (it was a fairly large order).

10. GadgetMan

GadgetMan Pen Pal - Newbie

Dabs back up to 3-4 weeks!, playing it safe this time, so they think.:rolleyes:

Look on the bright side guys, If we ever get these darn things then the due to inflation the £600 odd pounds that we would have paid back in July would be worth even less, making it even more of a bargain...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.