Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

So, it being 8.30pm on the date of dispatch and all I somehow doubt HP have got it right this time. I'm still waiting on a reply about the processor, and I've figured that if the machine isn't dispatched by the time I receive that I'm cancelling my ordering and just getting a Toshiba M700 instead.

Interestingly though, both Dabs.com and Play.com now sell the TX2550ea, both listing it with the 2.4GHz ZM-86 processor. Play also give a list of ports and don't mention the FireWire port that HP seem to think it comes with, whilst Dabs doesn't list the ports. You know it's really bad when 3rd party sites are more up-to-date on the machines than the manufacturer.

Neither have it in stock: Play don't mention when they're expecting it, Dabs says 5-7 days.

2. GadgetMan

GadgetMan Pen Pal - Newbie

Update:

Rang HP post sales in the last hour, and was told the are expecting them in today but this is still an estimate :confused: (what ever that means, has no one in HP got the grasp of this wonderful thing called communication). If they arrive today the ETA will be changed accordingly and you should expect delivery probably by tomorrow. When I asked what time they expect the delivery, I was told before 3pm.

I also asked about the processor speed and guess what? it is a 2.2GHz. When I stated that I had an e-mail confirmation of it being 2.4GHz, was told she had been given incorrect information by someone else in the company. (incedently I was talking to the woman who sent me the e-mail)

Lets twiddle those thumbs a bit more!

3. mrchrisp

mrchrisp Pen Pal - Newbie

I have ETA still as the 13th too. I spoke to HP this morning and was told the delivery truck hadn't arrived yesterday, and they expected it today - so fingers crossed.

Looking at HP website, they've put the price up by £30 and removed the option to buy it directly from them - see here.

Along with dabs and Play, CCL are also now selling the tx2550ea, but they seem have it listed with the ZM-82.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. Art

Has anyone challenged them over the FireWire port yet? I meant to, but forgot about it. I'm still waiting for a reply from the marketing manager.

GadgetMan: Did they say that they knew for a fact it was a 2.2? When I called a while ago all the girl could do was parrot the specs sheet and say "That's what's on the specs sheet, so that's what you should get".

Talk about not knowing arse from elbow. What a useless company. Maybe the date is still the 13th because they have a time machine they're not telling any of us about. :rolleyes:

5. GadgetMan

She went away to talk to the sales team and returned to say it is a 2.2GHz processor (She was adamant about this fact). Twice in the past when I enquired I was told both times there was a 2.4GHz processor against the order and that's the important information, anything else you might have seen on the website is probably a mistake (So a total u-turn from then).

As for distinguishing arse from elbow I have been thinking the same thing, and I think we should recommend to HP that anyone being interviewed by them from now on for a job offer has to take the following test::)

http://www.zegelin.com/love_files/ArseorElbow.htm

I have never in my whole life had a worse sales experience and am truly shocked by the utter lack of information available to such a large company.

6. Art

Hehe, nice.

You're probably right, I'll bet we do get the 2.2GHz. But then HP have an awful lot of explaining to do, and not only to us. They might not mind a few consumers being miffed but if Dabs et all complain they might be a little more worried.

And I don't think "mistake" is the right word there: they deliberately told us 2.4GHz because they didn't have a clue. Mistakes are small and forgiveable, incompetence is not.

The only thing stopping me from jumping ship is the price of the TX2500: I ordered it when it was far less than it currently is, and with the 10% discount too. 'Tis a bit of a race now: if HP can get their act together and dispatch something before I find a viable alternative I might let them take my money....

I'd love to know what the schedule updater is doing at the moment though.

7. Art

Apologies for the double post.

HP Track is now showing the dispatch date as the 28th August.

Seems the updater gave up on their sickie.

8. GadgetMan

So we are back to the usual crap of a 2 week lead time. aaaaarggh. its been hovering around 2 weeks since 15 July when I ordered it. Maybe it's 2 weeks on pluto!

I am in the same boat as art, it will cost me around £560 pounds after all the discounts. If I could get it from another supplier for a tad extra I would. The thing is I am in no desperate hurry for it but nevertheless you expect better service escpecially since they have taken the money and earning interest off it!

I suppose the fact that other companies are beginning to advertise this model might suggest delivery to this country is imminent.

9. Art

Yeah, but other suppliers are advertising a 2.4GHz processor. Now, I'm certain that HP would have had to have signed a contract to that effect, so I'd like to know what the 3rd party retailers say if it turns out they're 2.2Ghz models.

I'm tempted to go looking for one of those PC magazine complain pages for advice. Surely HP have broken some sort of code of conduct over this, if not some sort of law. Not to mention false advertising with the FireWire port.

10. Art

Apologies for the second double post.

The ETA has slipped back another day to the 29th. I'm fed up of waiting with no information: I've sent a stinging complaint to a PC magazine watchdog columnist, and I'm hoping that might encourage HP to get their act together.

I hadn't noticed before, but HP took the money for the machine weeks ago.

And I've *still* not got a reply from that HP marketing manager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.