Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J1mmy

J1mmy Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, I highly doubt there will be anything else from the TX series this year. And even if there was, you can expect delays just like the current situation with the 2550. There is also the question of the price on the 3000 series, I don't know whether the improvements they make will turn this budget tablet into a pricey machine over £1k

2. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, 'twas too good to be true. TX2550 ea now has an ETA of the 13th August.

That's a month after I ordered mine. And I was a latecomer.

I'll not be buying from HP again if I can help it. Total confusion and unreliable information aren't what I'm looking for, thank you.

3. KwiHa

KwiHa Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks.
    It's a shame for HP. :(

I'm traveling a lot, so if it's possible I don't want to use external bluetooth but maybe we can install the older TX bluetooth module.

4. Art

That'll depend: the TX2500 and older TX models use different motherboards, so you'd need to check if they have the same connector. The TX2130 repair manual has diagrams but they're vague, so you'd need to ask someone to open theirs up and take photos.

5. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

6. Art

Yeah that should be grand Craig12.

7. J1mmy

J1mmy Pen Pal - Newbie

The USB HP TV Tuner or any other HP TV Tuner, are they actually compatible with Vista's Media Centre? Or will they just be used with their own software?

8. Art

Seems HP still don't know what they're doing. On the TX2250ea main page it's listed with a 2.4GHz processor, but the HP search page lists it with a 2.2GHz processor.

Not sure how much longer I'm happy to twiddle my thumbs.

9. J1mmy

J1mmy Pen Pal - Newbie

I've just ordered my customized 2500z from the states, should be arriving in 3 days, I'll update you on what I think, here are the specs, I paid about £800 for all this:

• Operating System - Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit
    • Processor - AMD Turion(TM) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-86 2.4 GHz
    • Display - 12.1" WXGA HP BrightView WS (1280 x 800)w/Integrated Touchscreen
    • System Memory (RAM) - 4 GB
    • Graphics Card - ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3200 Graphics
    • Personalization - HP Imprint Finish (Echo)+Microphone+Fingerprint Reader+Webcam
    • Hard Drive - 320GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
    • Networking - Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n and Bluetooth
    • Primary CD/DVD Drive - LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-RW with Double Layer Support
    • Primary Battery - 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
    • Productivity Software - Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
    • Screen Protector - YES, 12.1"
    • Recovery Disks - YES
    • 12.1" Notebook Sleeve - YES, PLEASE INCLUDE

The only catch is that I don't get warranty in the UK only because it's a customized model. But if something does happen to it, I'd call them up anyway and send it off for repairs (pretending it wasn't customised). I can only use the warranty in the US. The only thing that I think might malfunction is the screen, but we'll wait and see.

10. Art

Oh for f***'s sake, they have now downgraded the 2550ea to a 2.2GHz processor.

*sigh*

Good luck with your 2500Z J1mmy. Given the selling experience I don't know if I'd want to use a UK warranty with HP anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.