Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

If you don't want to go the route of external bluetooth you could always purchase the module & antenna & put it in the machine yourself. But definitely a lot more tedious, than having the option to customize it :(

2. evercurious

evercurious Pen Pal - Newbie

So I've finally ordered my tablet, and am getting a Toshiba M700.

I'd been keeping my eye on this ebay item, and as am not getting it now thought someone in the UK might like to check it out. Especially in light of the problems you've all been having with HP.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130241215733&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:PIC&ih=003

It's the 2.4ghz tx2500z, with bluetooth, from a UK seller. The "buy it now" doesn't make it much of a bargain, but does mean you can just get it.
    (And no - it's not me making a sale here! Just thought someone out there might be interested as I was).

3. J1mmy

J1mmy Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the 2500z a later one to the 2250?

4. noxis

noxis Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes it is, the main difference is that it now uses the AMD Puma chipset (Turion Ultra Dual core + ATI 3200HD gfx).

Our American friends just have the TX2500 i believe which they customise. UK folk get 3 models, TX2520, TX2530 and TX2550 of varying spec. The TX2520 seems to be exclusive to the PC World group.

I know its a long thread this one but its worth reading!

5. J1mmy

J1mmy Pen Pal - Newbie

6. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

HP have never sold the 2500Z here, only the 2520EA (PC World-only), 2530EA (HP only, ?removed from site) and 2550EA (HP only, yet to be seen for real).

The major issue is that HP keep adding and removing models from the site, don't offer customisation, and are yet to deliver anything apart from some early orders of the 2530 - many have been waiting weeks to receive the 2550 they ordered (some of these people were even advised to swap their order from a 2530 as the 2550 was meant to arrive sooner!).

7. J1mmy

J1mmy Pen Pal - Newbie

Right, so everyones waiting for HP to sort itself out and establish what's it selling and for how much?

8. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

Basically, yes - a few of us have been lucky enough to actually receive one of the TX2530s put up for sale a month ago, others are still waiting!

9. J1mmy

J1mmy Pen Pal - Newbie

Well, from what I have read, the US is selling this laptop fully customizable, the 2500z. I also happened to come across a seller on eBay who is shipping these from the US at your chosen specification. This is his website

I'm still trying to establish from him whether he is an authorised HP Reseller and how his warranty will work. Mr brother is currently in the state, so I don't know whether it's a good idea to send it to him expecting him to bring it back for me. The ideal spec of this comes to about £800, which is rather cheap considering what HP are selling at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  10. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

If you're gonna buy from the States you'd be smart to get your brother to bring it over with him, minus all of the packaging and looking like it belongs to him, not you. If you post it or customs think he's bringing it into the UK to give to someone you're likely to get slapped with a 17.5% import tax, taking the price to around £940.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.