Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Excellent. Hopefully I will be able to order from them by next weekend.

2. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

Is it only available from HP so far? Price seems pretty good but normally even better when not from the manufacturer! I see the model linked to at the start of the thread didn't mention Bluetooth - hope that's just an oversight. I wonder if it really has Gigabit ethernet - I remember there was a lot of conflicting info for the TX1030.

Getting seriously tempted to eBay my TX1030 and purchase now though! ;)

3. thelaughingcrow

thelaughingcrow Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone notice the different total available video RAM? Varies from 958 to 1470mb. Why would that be:confused:

4. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

Isn't it to do with the total system RAM installed in those systems?

I've filled out an enquiry form asking how long it will be before the other TX2500 models are available here (wish we had the customisation and $500 voucher setup here!). I've also asked for clarity re. Bluetooth as none of the models seem to mention it.

5. milanp

milanp Pen Pal - Newbie

Some models in UK come with firewire, some don't.
    Also,some of the UK models probably have additional memory for the ATI 3200HD. According to the ATI specification, manufacturers can include additional memory for video, up to 64K, and achieve better performance.

6. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

I'd noticed that as well. I don't use BT at the moment, but I was seriously considering it.

thelaughingcrow: like alanjrobertson said, it depends on the RAM available in the machine. Integrated chipsets generally don't have much (or anything) in the the way of their own RAM so they leech it from the main machine. The 2GB RAM models have up to 958MB for the GPU and the 3GB use up to 1470MB. Not sure exactly what kind of percent the GPU is allowed to take, but obviously the more your machine has the more it can take.

I think they just forgot to put that in. Only one model is missing it, and they all share the same motherboard so they'll all have the hardware there, and seeing as the cases are the same they'll all have the ports, etc., so I think that's a mistake. It wouldn't make sense to leave it out when the feature is built in.

7. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

By the way, the 2.2 and 2.4Ghz versions won't be available in the UK for 6 months or so. Also there is a 10% off voucher available at the moment. Makes the 2.1 GHz version more appealing (i ordered it last ngiht).

8. ateles

ateles Pen Pal - Newbie

"Also there is a 10% off voucher available at the moment"

Which brings it down to £544.62.... very tempting
    Promotional code can be found here. (apologies if posting links is against forum rules)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. jodoog

jodoog Pen Pal - Newbie

Wow, fantastic deal...The only laptop I have ever seen which is cheaper in the UK than in the US.

I just got a X61 w/3gb for 700 pounds BNIB, which I thought was a great deal, but now I still have some regrets :)

10. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Where'd you hear this from?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.