Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

I think alanjrobertson mentioned getting the extra battery as well as the slip case with his 2530 from HP, so I think they're an HP thing standard across the 2500 series, not a PC World thing.

Also, the TX2550ea ETA date is now "normally within 2 weeks", down from 4. Progress perhaps?

2. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

Yep, that's right Art - received both of these extras with my 'direct from HP' order.

3. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

The date seems more in line whith what it has been in the past, but the earliest it will arrive at your door is next friday, but it may well be another few weeks down the line, can't really tell anything new from the dates.

4. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

I changed my order over the phone to the tx2530 + a 2GB memory module, these arrived today. As if HP's stupidity has no limits they supplied me with a 2GB memory module for a desktop computer. Now I'm going to have to wait until monday, find out how to return it to them and get a proper 2GB one for the laptop. The guy actually asked if i'd be fitting it myself!!! How could they get it that wrong?!

5. Art

Are HP expensive for PC2-6400 RAM? I ended up buying a 2gb stick from Crucial for about £30. Couldn't really find the stuff anywhere else.

6. J1mmy

J1mmy Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been reading that there is graniness on the 2500 series. Have they improved this on the 2250EA? What exactly is all this graniness about? :S

7. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't think it's much different between my TX1030 and TX2530 - it's not too noticeable but compared to a non-touch screen there is just a slight loss of sharpness. On the upside I find the screen is much more touch-sensitive (as well has having an even better active system for the pen too!).

8. Art

If you can, swing by a PC World or something and see if they have an old TX2000 or a new TX2520 on display: the components for the screen are the same I think, so it'll let you see exactly what it's like.

9. J1mmy

J1mmy Pen Pal - Newbie

I actually did that today, out of the 50 or so laptops they had on display, they didn't have the TX there, but there certainly many other beautiful standard HP laptops there, especially the limited edition art one, but no TX :(

10. evercurious

evercurious Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey there - been reading through this as i'd been trying to find the tx25x0 on the HP UK site (cheers so much for the clickys).

Had been aiming to get the Toshiba M700, but the bargain on ebay disappeared as soon as i got the cash together. So decided to get the HP 2500z. Surely enough, a paypal brickwall ensured that slipped from my grasp too...

Those who finally have the HP tx25x0 in their grasp - are there really issues with the heat? I'd be using it a lot on my lap in slate mode, so am a bit worried about that. And is the glossy screen easy to deal with, or are reflections already getting on your nerves?

I guess the cheaper price and more fun appearance of the HP has me considering this over the M700, so any feedback would be great. I just keep bouncing between these two...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.