Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Possible, but the key to knowing what is really going on is to ignore what hp uk tell you. I'll wait until tomorrow anyway before changing my order. I knew I wouldn't get it this week anyway.

2. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Well that's a bit of a price climb.

So is this.

£70 for 0.3GHz? No thank you. I wonder what they'll do with us early-2550-orderers. Lose out by giving us the 2.4GHz for the price we've paid, or demand the higher value? Could be interesting.

3. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Isn't looking good. I think I'll reinstate my old order tomorrow, I don't want to be screwed about any longer. I'll get a 2GB mem module with it.

Maybe I should keep my current 2550 order open and sell it on for cheap when it arrives in a couple of decades.

4. noxis

noxis Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I finally stopped dithering and picked up a TX2520ea today from PC World. 3Gb of ram 2.1Ghz CPU, all the accessories in the box promised (neoprene cover, extra battery). £699.99 - quidco discount of 2.5%. Which isnt a lot but better than a kick in the nuts :)

5. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

The date has been put back until the 8th. Looks like it might be a very long wait. I'll go with the tx2530 with 3GB.

6. GadgetMan

GadgetMan Pen Pal - Newbie

Reading the posts of people who have received their Tx2500s fom hp direct, it seems quite a few got them around 3 weeks to a month from the ordering date. With the so called "supply problems" this might be the turn around time currently.

The Tx2550ea page has also been changed to reflect this, i.e. 4 weeks instead of 2 weeks.

http://h41306.www4.hp.com/itemDetails?SID=de2caca7ea87bc42f0071264611946203d4:1223&sku=CJ943EA

I am going to give them a month (ordered it 15 July) to see if it arrives. It is going to be a loooooong month.

7. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

I've already waited over a month, so I can wait no longer, lol.

8. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

9. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Ooh, last night my ETA was the 8th, this morning it's the 7th.

Hopefully, that means a small amount of progress on HP's behalf...

10. mikeybhoy

mikeybhoy Pen Pal - Newbie

Are the extras provided by PC World (neoprene cover, extra battery) standard across all stores? Also, I take it buying direct from HP we would miss out on these extras?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.