Tx2500 UK

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Craig12, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

I see the tx2500 still is not available in the UK, but is available in the USA.

Does anybody know when it will likely be available in the UK based on past experience?

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

It will be available, likely not in the same exact configurations, but it will most likely be available.

3. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Man, that's cheap, although it's got one gig less RAM than it had when they first put it on the site.

It's not in their main listings though, which is odd. And "Normally available within two weeks" doesn't sound good. But hey, at that price it's a no-brainer...

5. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

You can order extra ram with it, but i presume they don't add it. I'd also presume that it has two memory slots and so to get 4GB of memory you would need to buy and extra 2x 2GB memory modules and then discard the 2x 1GB modules that come with it.

Why can't I make it customised like on the american site! UK hp are so far behind.

6. forrestsun

forrestsun Scribbler - Standard Member

At least you have it there. The hp canada still has the tx2110ca as their NEW product. lol.

7. Art

It's not in the main listings on the UK site, so maybe it's lurking somewhere on the Canadian site too.

Craig: I think it does have 2 slots, but there'd be no point upgrading to 4gb if you're not installing a 64bit OS too. I'd order a 2GB stick to use with a 1GB that it comes with, if I could find them for a decent price.

8. Craig12

Craig12 Pen Pal - Newbie

I may just do that. Although I might get up to 3.5+ GB on the 32 bit OS (with 4GB of RAM), the price wouldn't be worth it considering i'd have to discard the origional 2x 1GB modules. I'll wait for a week or two to see if different configurations become available first. I'd like to have the 2.4GHz processor, as your always better off with the best processor possible.

Also, I trust it isn't too difficult to add RAM to a laptop? I've added some to a desktop PC before and it's been straight forward.

9. Art

It's generally a case of "unscrew panel, slip out old stick and insert new one". I'm sure the 2500 is no different.

We might be able to find out if we could actually buy the thing. It keeps disappearing from my basket...

10. Art

The TX2500 is now up for sale on the UK site, and instead of the 2 models they kept taking down we've now got a choice of 6! Only one is available now, but hopefully the rest aren't far behind.

Linky.