tx2500 - send a different signal to each headphone output jack??

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by paulds8, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulds8

paulds8 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone, I do some small-time DJ work and I'd love to be able to plug the huge speakers into the SPDIF output to play the music while I have a set of earphones connected to the other output so I can preview songs before I play them. Currently the same sound output is sent to both jacks, is there any way to do this without getting an external sound card for the second signal?? Please tell me there is a driver or something I can do.

I use PCDJ VJ and it pick up the internal sound card as only being able to output one signal but I would think it's possible since there ARE two output jacks...

2. paulds8

paulds8 Pen Pal - Newbie

Can no one come up with a reasonable answer???

3. yellowsno

yellowsno Wants to be a Mod

I think your idea is great, but the driver treats the jacks the same. Your best bet will probably be a usb sound card, like you said.

4. heatlesssun

heatlesssun Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Actually you don't need a USB sound card, a pair of USB headphones or even bluetooth headphones will work just fine. So long as you can set the output of the applications to the different devices you should be set. I just tried this with my tx2z tablet running Windows 7, startup Windows Media Player and set the output to the Realtek speakers and startup up YouTube with my bluetooth headphones as the default audio output device. YouTube audio out of the bluetooth headphones and WMP output through the speakers and jacks. Worked great.

5. Thokas

Thokas Too many laptops...

Best solution.

The audio board is not designed for two different sound channels. Sorry, no drivers could work here.

6. Juice

Juice Pen Pal - Newbie

I used to do this with the sound in games and the output for ventrilo
    (i.e. vent in headphones, game in 5.1 surround)

That was with my desktop, which happens to use the realtek hd audio drivers.

It so happens that the tx2000 uses the same drivers, and I assume that the 2500 is the same (disregard all of this if it isn't)

Unfortunately....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That doesn't seem to exist in the tx2xxx control panel^

If anything, you might want to right click in the vista playback devices window and "show disabled devices" and see if anything comes up for the tx25xx...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.