TX2500 - Screen broken

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Naterade, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preto13

preto13 Pen Pal - Newbie

My freind droped my tx2500

laptop works fine

but its screen broke.

how much cost do i pay?

any one know about HP warranty policey?

2. CTSxViper

CTSxViper Pen Pal - Newbie

Screen will probably cost you at least 1 few hundred dollars. I checked Ebay and there are none listed for the TX2500 or TX2000 series. You dropped the laptop so HP will not cover it.

3. maroon93

maroon93 Pen Pal - Newbie

This has happened to me before (with a tx1000 series). I spoke to a HP rep and I was quoted ~$800 to get the screen fixed/replaced. I would assume roughly the same price for the tx2500, if not more. Unless you have warranty to cover accidential damage, it's probably not worth fixing as you could get another tablet for just a little more than that.

4. leaftye

leaftye Old timer Super Moderator

If you have accidental protection, it shouldn't cost you anything, except time, and maybe shipping. If you don't have accidental protection, I don't think it's worth fixing since the screens are very expensive, so just plug in an external monitor/keyboard/mouse and use it as a desktop computer.

Or make your friend pay for it.

5. hitodenashi

hitodenashi Pen Pal - Newbie

What he said! :rolleyes:

6. J_Dubb

J_Dubb semi-happy tx2500 owner

EXACTLY!,, it shouldn't cost you a damn thing except some bloody knuckles after beating your "friend" into submission!! That's fawked up!

7. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

I broke my tx2000 a couple of weeks ago and it would cost around 700 for repair. Given that they have a deal now or someone does anyway for 699 I'd just have the guy replace it for you. Someone suggested I buy an extended accidental warranty -- 1 year for 109 -- and then wait a while and call to have it repaired but I'd rather not do that. I just bought a new 2500 and will be putting the accidental on it very soon.

8. hitodenashi

hitodenashi Pen Pal - Newbie

You could get this replacement screen for $1925: http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/HP,Pavilion,TX2000,GU199AV,Laptop,Parts.aspx

But do make your friend pay for it.
    And get this one for 185$: http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/519-35118-9092/AU-Optronics-B121EW03-V.8-LCD-12.1-WXGA-.html
    Much better deal.

You could replace it yourself using the service manual (grab it here: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01524744.pdf), it nice and illustrated, or get a friend to do it for you (one handy with electronics, so he doesn't break it even more).

9. lexcavaj

lexcavaj Pen Pal - Newbie

my friend working at futureshop told me someone broke their demo and hp asked $850 for replacement.. well, that's here in canada. :)

10. milanp

milanp Pen Pal - Newbie

I assume that PCHUB's offer does does not include the digitizer?
    Where can we get the digitizer separatelly ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.