tx2500 pen problems

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Crito, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramondp

ramondp Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, im a graphic artist and I was gonna use the tx2500 for sketching...

i just noticed that after every few strokes or so, the pen stops being responsive, and I end up drawing dotted lines.. at worse, whole strokes dont come out.

I use photoshop CS2 and Flash 8, and i noticed that even after I caliberate my pen, the cursor is still a bit off, it but only in these programs. On the desktop it would be fine. Actually it aligns perfectly if I use my left hand, but I use my right hand to draw... :(

And near the edges of the screen, the pen tends to not be as accurate as it is in the center...

Is it just me or is something wrong with my pen or did I get a lemon?

any help pls?

2. haxxormaster

haxxormaster tx2500 User

I'm also not liking the rather mediocre sensibility at the screen's edges. Don't have my pen available, so I can't test out your first problem.

3. ramondp

ramondp Pen Pal - Newbie

Okay I think i got it solved, apparently the tx2500 isnt as sensitive as the toshiba m200 (my old tablet) when it comes to sketching.

I would not get broken lines if I pressed it a little harder than I would with the m200 or a wacom tablet. (not too hard, I dont wanna break it! :p )

I adjusted the nib tip option in the tablet options to feel more "soft" than firm. Actually, its just one notch from being fully soft!

I assumed that keeping the nip feel of the tx2500 in the middle (like the m200) would have the same result as the m200's... but I guess not.

now they both feel similar at these nib feel configurations:
    m200 is in the middle,
    tx2500 is close to being fully soft

one more thing, the sensor of the pen doesn't seem to be on the nib, but where the nib connects to the pen, so you might have to give an allowance when you're drawing.

4. lowlife

lowlife Addicted to gadgets

Is there such a thing as a wacom pen that does not have a removable tip? It seems that the problem may be in the pen.

5. Crito

Crito Scribbler - Standard Member

The default settings made me press down way too hard. I have my "tip feel" setting turned all the way down to softest and I like it there.