tx2500 official cpu temperature poll

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mfalderoff, Mar 15, 2011.

?

temperature

1. 55-65c

37 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. 66-76c

37 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. higher than 80

37 vote(s)
    36.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. feerof

feerof Pen Pal - Newbie

lol running wprime on a laptop... sigh. why would you want to do a stress test? it's not like you are overclocking, or undervolting your computer.. w/e i just thought it was silly.

2. bokaratom

bokaratom Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine regularly runs above 95 often as high as 99 with any kind of load on the CPU.

3. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

my unit has been hitting 95' C lately. (gaming or gpu intensive stuff, web browsing only at 50' C)

it turns out I left some excess thermal paste between my penny on the gpu and some dust has been building up and around it.

I gotta do the mod again...
    -Tyler

4. kubiix

kubiix Pen Pal - Newbie

I am going to put my tx to service too, the cpu temeprature is always above 90°C, when doing something more CPU intensive, it goes over 100°C, then undercloks for cooling, with no effect.
    The situation is even worst last days, using it only for watching movies, with CPU max frequency on 20%, it works about 1 - 1,5 hours, then bruteswitches off, or reboots. When doing work with CPU max frequency 60-70% it goes down after 15 minutes.
    During the windows startup very soon after poweroff leads to blue screen in 90%, so the tablet must stay switched off maybe 5-10 minutes, to be able even boot to logon screen.
    The tablet case is getting very hot in the right far corner soon after power on, from both sides and quickly expands to other parts of tablet. It is uncomfortable to use it on my legs even for i while.
    The temporary solution now is using cooling pad and another external fan blowing into the CPU cooler air intake hole. Then it switches off rarely, but the performance is very poor

5. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

new top score: 104' C

I redid my penny job 3 weeks ago and may just have to replace it with a copper shim,
    -Tyler

6. kubiix

kubiix Pen Pal - Newbie

I have my tx back from service - they run some test on it, but did not find anything wrong, so they just replaced the CPU cooler.

It is better now, but I am afraid it will ho hotter and hotter slowly again.

7. mfalderoff

mfalderoff Pen Pal - Newbie

I use Speccy from filehippo.com on my TX2500 CTO. Its a nice, small and FREE program to give useful information about all your hardware.
    At the time I posted this, my temp started at 184 F and cooled off to 179 F after moving it slightly off my lap to give the exhaust a clear shot. I've had to be careful because if it gets too hot, it auto-hibernates.