tx2500 official cpu temperature poll

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mfalderoff, Mar 15, 2011.

?

temperature

1. 55-65c

37 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. 66-76c

37 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. higher than 80

37 vote(s)
    36.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mendel

Mendel Pen Pal - Newbie

Appreciate it. -Person who asked about temperature program.

Is there any way to find out running temps for ram and/or video card? Anything else I can't think of off the top off my head.

2. evensong

evensong Pen Pal - Newbie

Waiting for SpeedFan to support this chipset =\

3. there148

there148 Pen Pal - Newbie

it seem someone manange to get voltage control to work with these new cpus.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/Forums/showthread.php?t=190836

[​IMG]

i cant run it myself(something about not detecting amd cpu) but maybe thats because my is not a zm model. anyone wanna give it a try and see if they can undervolt?

4. Mendel

Mendel Pen Pal - Newbie

Bump, I'd really like to know.

5. jomodad

jomodad Pen Pal - Newbie

Did you mean MacBook Users are Paperwieghts that Plug things into the wall? :cool: I am a MAC Ranter too. The are cool but twice the price twice the hype for half as much. I hate to say I own three of 'em 'cause my wife and kids are MAC Brainwashed.

6. there148

there148 Pen Pal - Newbie

since more people are receiving their tx2500 what temps are you getting

7. boblastears

boblastears Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, just brought a tx2510, it kept crashing and i imagined it was because high temperature. I changed the power saver option to put the processor on 40%. It is working now, but it stay around 55-60C. If I let it use 100% of the processor it goes to 70C without running any serious program. I am in Brazil and it hot today, my thermometer say it is 22C, but i feel like it it is closer to 28C. It is also really dry around here, not a drop of rain in a month, not sure if it change anything for the machine.

I am worried if the overheating is normal for this machine, or mine arrived with something broken. As I imported it, it will be a pain in the @## to get a replacement.

Can anyone point what is the secure range of temperature that i may allow the laptop to reach?

8. seeking2

seeking2 Pen Pal - Newbie

I don't understand why most people are complaining about heat issues. This is actually a hidden plus...I personally enjoy laying down on my couch using my laptop while I watch a little TV, as you know, TV tends to force the munchies. Here is what I do. I get two slices of bread and slap some cheese between them, then just slide the bread and cheese under my laptop..presto..in about half hour I am enjoying a grilled cheese sandwich. Another little trick I learned is how to perfectly cook two sandwiches at a time. First, you must have a fully charged battery and be using battery only. Just slide the two sandwiches under your laptap, and when the battery dies after a hour of use...presto...you have two perfectly grilled sandwiches. If I find any other hidden gems..I will keep you posted.

Cheers.

9. Crito

Crito Scribbler - Standard Member

It's the ATI graphics that's cooking mine. I get temps as high as 94C while playing WoW. Idles around 50C. Maxes around 70C when not playing games.

EDIT: Oh, and I've got the 2.2 GHz CPU, so I really don't think that's the problem... it's the graphics.

10. Crito

Crito Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm in a nicely air conditioned room right now and I can still hit 90C. Pretty telling that my case temp is higher than my CPU temp. That makes me 100% sure it's the integrated video chip generating all that heat.

Here's before running WoW:

[​IMG]

And while running WoW:

[​IMG]

Pretty cool how these new cores can run at different frequencies. Didn't know they could use different voltages at a given freq before taking these screenshots though. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.