tx2500 official cpu temperature poll

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by mfalderoff, Mar 15, 2011.

?

temperature

1. 55-65c

37 vote(s)
    36.6%
  2. 66-76c

37 vote(s)
    36.6%
  3. higher than 80

37 vote(s)
    36.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. there148

there148 Pen Pal - Newbie

okay i just got my tx2500 on thursday and am not happy with it one bit. there are lots of problems i have with it, but the dealbreaker for me is the outrageous temperatures.

rm-70@2ghz, 160gb hd, 2gb ddr2 800mhz.

temperatures while on battery : 44 - 56

temperature while on ac : 50 - 90

im thinking about returning this oven since im confident the cpu isn't going to last more than a year or two.

so before i decide, i need to know what temperature other tx2500 owners are getting.

2. Marcucci217

Marcucci217 Pen Pal - Newbie

TC, there is no way that you got 90C from your tablet...almost 200F is rediculous to even think about and I haven't heard of anyone else getting anything close to that hot. Highest I've heard is about 130F - 140F (around 55 - 60C).

3. mariol90

mariol90 Scribbler - Standard Member

i always have mine plugged in, but on power saver (stays at 550 MHz) it's around 50-53C (for each core) and around 59C for the CPU.
    at 1.1 GHz, each core is 61C, CPU is 67C (100% load). it might be a bit higher, i just tested it quickly.
    i ran 3dmark06 a few days ago, the max cpu temp i saw was 98C (2.2 GHz, max speed).
    i have a zm-82, 250GB HD (runs at 46-53C depending on how much it's being used), and 2gb ram.

4. atom

atom Pen Pro - Atomic Member

What you can do is disassemble the tablet and slap some Arctic Cooler Thermal paste on the CPU and GPU, that would likely cool it down quite a bit.

5. bobbler

bobbler Pen Pal - Newbie

Its not a bad plan but bare in mind you are likely to invalidate any warranty by doing so.

How are you measuring the temperature - would be best if you are going to do a comparison that its measured with the same software.

6. there148

hi thanks for the input

okay i forgot to mention a few things.

first i meant the temperature while plugged in and on load( ie gaming, cpu intensive application, or stress testing)

second, i used the program called everest in conjunction with hwmonitor( which has a very convenient function of logging maximum temperature) to measure temp.

third, has anyone experience downclocking( lower framerates, slower speed) when the cpu hit 90c? i havent hit 90c yet, max was 84 so far, but im interested in knowing what temp the cpu starts to throttle.

7. there148

[​IMG]

need more proof?

8. mariol90

mariol90 Scribbler - Standard Member

i used 3dmark06 again, got this inbetween a test: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/mariol90/amd1.png
    the temperatures (celsius) are in the tray. voltage is first, then hard drive temp, core 2 temp, core 1 temp, and cpu temp.
    and everest shows it running at 2.2 GHz (max speed).
    it got cooler after the 3rd graphics test (high 80s), so i'm not sure what happened there. maybe it's less intense.
    the computer hasn't locked up or crashed, so it seems like the temperatures are safe, as long as the processor doesn't stay at that for a long period of time.

3dmark06 at 1.1 GHz max: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/mariol90/3dmark0611.png
    it's a lot quieter at this speed. both graphics scores went down around 25 points (very little), the cpu score dropped to a bit over half of what it was.

9. Mendel

Mendel Pen Pal - Newbie

What program does everyone use to find out CPU temperatures? Is there some sort of a sensor inside that should be accessible, and why isn't it easy? My friend's macbook has a program that was on there to start, now I'm not gonna go off on a tangent here, as macbooks are essentially paperweights that plug into a wall =D.

10. there148

bump need more votes

strange how only 2 out of 8 are getting temps in the 80's. need more samples to determine normal distribution curve.