TX2500 news

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Peetah68, Jun 26, 2008.

1. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

My point exactly...
    I could see this happening; in any case, the gist of my post was the fact that I don't see the two month estimate as accurate, apparently we both agree.

2. Sinergy

Sinergy Pen Pal - Newbie

http://www.hp.com/large/campaigns/personal_again/event.html

^^the conference agenda can now be seen. I can only see "breakout, breakout, breakout" :D Yes...wednesday might become a good day!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. evensong

evensong Pen Pal - Newbie

The tx2500 should be released sometime during July. This is simply because by August, every Montevina notebook will hit the stores. The only way the Puma architecture will survive is to do well in this critical period that opened with delayed Montevina.

As for Berlin 2008, my guess is they will introduce the tx2500 on Tuesday (today!) during the Touch breakout. I don't see it being held sole until the mobility and AMD breakouts on Wednesday, it would be in both. Unless they release a Montevina based tablet we don't know about on Tuesday?

4. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Argh, they've now removed the TX2500 from the product shortlist on the UK site.

It does make sense that they'd announce it either today or tomorrow and then release it soon, but then again these companies do a lot of odd things.

We'll just have to wait and see.

5. jette97

jette97 Pen Pal - Newbie

Howdy, y'all:

I'm new to the forum, although I've been following the hp touchscreen threads for quite awhile. I just checked out the hp web site...and the tx2500z is available to order now in the U.S.! Alas, estimated build date is June 19th. It starts at $1049.

Check it out:
    http://www.hpshopping.com/webapp/sh...and&v1=HP+Pavilion&series_name=tx2500z_series

BTW -- sorta off-topic -- a few days I bought a tx1410us at Office Depot, since I missed out on the tx2000z CTO deal. I got the display model, whose AC adapter prongs were a bit bent out of shape but still pluggable. With some haggling and coupons, I got it for around $650, including tax. (Plus, I think it's eligible for a $50 hp rebate). Do y'all think it's a good deal -- i.e., just stick with it -- or pay twice as much for the tx2500z? (mine has 250 gb, 2.2 Ghz, 2GB Ram, draft-N, bluetooth, webcam, fingerprint reader, remote, dorky stylus, ok digitizer-less touchscreen) thx!

6. thelaughingcrow

thelaughingcrow Pen Pal - Newbie

7. Art

At least you can get it, it's been removed from the UK site completely...

8. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes - I was getting rather confused having read this thread from the start and finding that none of the links worked!

9. gbo

gbo Pen Pal - Newbie

10. Art

Yeah, I posted the announcement in the other thread.