TX2500 news

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Peetah68, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirjaume

sirjaume Pen Pal - Newbie

2. toby2604

toby2604 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ahhh muchos RAM-os. Thats about the limit of my spanish. I want it.

3. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

haha well, I decided to get greedy and forgot that I left my comp for a couple hours clicking "HP: a touch different" anyway, short story made even shorter, I broke da pole... lol all of em say 0% now lol, what a ****ty poll system hp has. maybe it's a safegaurd against overflow attacks. oh well, hehe funny stuff.

4. dotvicky

dotvicky Pen Pal - Newbie

FWIW, I just rang up Hewlett Packard UK and after being transferred no less than 4 times (!) I got told that not only will it be at least 2 months until this comes out for sale but that they're going to be removing it from the website soon, apparently.

Cheers
    Vicky

5. toby2604

toby2604 Pen Pal - Newbie

Does this mean the latest model of the TX is 2100?

6. Sinergy

Sinergy Pen Pal - Newbie

That is what they have to say to not make us wait for the new version and buy the old one instead ;)

Nevertheless....they might be correct.

OMG I hope they hurry up, can't wait to have one!

Cheers

7. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Hmm. I noticed the other day that they've removed the specs from the UK site: it's in the notebooks at a glance section at the very bottom, but if you click it it doesn't take you to the product overviews anymore, it takes you somewhere else.

Dammit. Now why would they do that?

8. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

Eat caulk HP; no, seriously...

umm vick, I appreciate your insight but understand that I take it with a grain of salt as it is your first post and you lack credibility...

A. two months means they miss a lot of back to school sales.
    B. Since when do HP reps give out future product dates, especially those that haven't been announced by HP.
    C. I doubt HP would lie to you (there's a difference between active denial and false release dates)
    D. there's too much evidence suggesting otherwise. (*ehem tomorrows conference anyone?)

9. maroon93

maroon93 Pen Pal - Newbie

I would not be surprised if a HP rep did either of the two things quoted above. I've had experiences here in Canada where reps gave me release dates that couldn't be further from the truth. The latest incident happened to be the tx2000. Similar to Vicky's recent experience with the tx2500 inquiry, the rep told me at the time that the tx2000 would be arriving in Canada 1.5 to 2 months later when in fact the units actually hit retail 2 weeks after i made that call. For my experience, I took the information with a grain of salt, assuming that the rep I spoke to wasn't sure of his information and told me false information to get me off his back (he sounded fairly annoyed as if others had asked him the same things I did which was understandable as the tx2000 was highly demanded for). Something similar could happen with all this hype on the tx2500. I'm sure HP have now been bombarded with a ton of inquiries as to when this new unit will be released...

10. drmatt

drmatt Scribbler - Standard Member

I agree. Perhaps some of HP's new notebooks will not be released for a couple of months because they're based on the Montevina platform, which Intel has delayed until mid-July. But the Puma-based tx2500 shouldn't have to wait that long, as Puma has officially been announced/released by AMD.

My guess - and this is only a guess - is that they won't put the tx2500 up for sale this week; next Monday might be a candidate, since HP's 25% off Pavilion coupons, which are probably to clear inventory on tx2000s, expire this week.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.