TX2500 news

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Peetah68, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinTablet

KevinTablet Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been holding off on the tx-series for the last year but I am not sure if I can hold it off anymore. I was hoping for a Blu-ray drive but I suppose that since the tx series uses modular bay drives I can just buy one later and put it in without too much fuss.

A hardware question, what is the lightest 2.5inch drive available on the market?

2. bakdai

bakdai Pen Pal - Newbie

Returning my tx2120us back to Fry's soon, that's for sure. I can wait until the tx2500 is released. I hope the processor upgrade is worth it.

3. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

4. quantum

quantum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

There's one by the headphone jacks for when you are using it like a notebook and one on the corner of the screen bezel for when you have the screen rotated and are sitting further away possibly. You'd be surprised how good the tx looks with just the screen visible from a small table a couple feet away. Great for watching movies with a decent sound system plugged in.

5. Art

Ah, that would make sense.

*Wishes HP would hurry up*

6. psador

psador Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi people, this is great news!
    The only thing holding me back in buying a tx2000 was the video card, now i can... keep waiting the official release.

But i want to ask you something: in the specs page for the tx2500 in uk hp, there's no mention of wacon active digitalizer... i wonder if there's any chance that is only touchscreen (like the previous tx1000)

what you guys think?

7. Art

It says "Integrated pen for touch screen" in the Ergonomic Features section, which is the same as the TX2000. So I'd say that means an active.

8. psador

psador Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, they're smart, tochscreen only would be a step backwads, they (hp), have very competitive products, and (i think) the 6150go was main reason why people prefer other models

Thanks Art for the quick reply

9. maroon93

maroon93 Pen Pal - Newbie

Similarly to what was posted on the UK units of the tx2500, here are the official specifications of one of the AU units.

tx2502au:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01471822&lc=en&cc=us&lang=&product=3744027&dlc=

Although the differences aren't significant between the units, I find it kind of odd as to why HP is only releasing product specifications for certain units. This information cannot be found for the tx2501au on the hp site even though there's a general link to this unit and others.

10. bakdai

bakdai Pen Pal - Newbie

Seems like the Australians and the British are ahead of Americans when it comes to getting the good stuff here....dang it. I wish they'd announce a release date for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.