TX2500 news

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Peetah68, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

One article said the starting price in the US should be about $1100. Not sure how accurate that is or how that works out for anywhere else. I know in the UK companies often don't bother with money conversion, they just change it from $1100 to £1100.

That 2000 isn't a refresh, look at the placard beside it: it's still the TL-66, GO 6150 model. That doesn't have Puma at all, the Puma processors are all ZM- something.

2. Archangel

Archangel Pen Pal - Newbie

Thats what concerned me with the cheap price and cashback offer: were they just trying to clear stock?

3. Duality169

Duality169 Pen Pal - Newbie

Which placard are you looking at? The one on the Italian site clearly says that it has the ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics.

4. Art

Art Scribbler - Standard Member

Duality169: I was talking about the photo in that link. It has a photo of the TX2000 under the "More Puma Notebooks" heading, and I was pointing out to darkilici that it wasn't right.

5. Duality169

Duality169 Pen Pal - Newbie

Gotcha, sorry about the confusion, so then to darkilici, there is a refresh to the tx2000 series but that refresh is the tx2500, looks like someone at CNET asia got a little trigger happy with PUMA branding.

6. eoplocust

eoplocust Pen Pal - Newbie

damn mine is still in building process i wonder if i can still cancel

EDIT: (tx2000z)

7. thelaughingcrow

thelaughingcrow Pen Pal - Newbie

:eek: The wait is killlllllllllllllllling me. :eek:

Im from the UK and Im going to be travelling to the States on June 18th for three weeks. I wish they'd hurry up and release this damn thing so it'll be in stores when Im over there. Or even just let us know when it will be out (yes, yes I know thats economic suicide).

When, when, when, WHEN will it be out :confused:

8. forrestsun

forrestsun Scribbler - Standard Member

http://news.mydrivers.com/1/107/107981.htm

This is in Chinese but pretty exciting to know that the tx 2500 is confirmed. It shows similar benchmark to Nvidia 8400m and is more than 2 times powerful than the intel X3100. I hope we can get some good back to school price after it released.

9. toby2604

toby2604 Pen Pal - Newbie

Am I right in hearing somewhere that this will have a touchscreen that you can use with your fingers instead of a stylus?

10. bakdai

bakdai Pen Pal - Newbie

So we know this is coming. The question is when and those of us that just purchased a tx2000 or some such variation, do we keep or return?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.