TX2500 news

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Peetah68, Jun 26, 2008.

1. maroon93

maroon93 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey guys! I've seen a couple different threads popping up regarding the tx2500 and it's beginning to get confusing keeping track of where I've seen posts, having the need to jump back and forth between threads. Anyways, I hope the mods don't get on my back for creating another thread, but the purpose of this is to try to have all general discussion about any news on the tx2500 in one thread, whether it be from computex, retail release dates, etc.

I've come across a couple pages that are italian and chinese respectively that have pics and basic info. The italian one might be of more interest as it actually has some specification information and a possible U.S. release price on the unit.

Here are the translated versions:
    (Italian to English):
    http://translate.google.ca/translat...-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=syz&sa=G
    (Chinese to English):
    http://translate.google.ca/translat...-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=syz&sa=G

2. darkilici

darkilici Pen Pal - Newbie

3. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

A. refresh of tx2000 is the same thing as the tx2500 they just didnt label it 2500....

B. those are both 12" tx2xxxx notebooks, one is raised up in the back and so it looks larger.

4. eko2

eko2 Scribbler - Standard Member

P.S. whats up with the lack of "Wacom Penabled" stickers? old photoshopped tx1000? or integration of the new Capacitive Wacom RRFC touch technology? perhaps an Ntrig digitizer? ok so maybe the latter two are wishfull thinking but they would be deal sealers for me... multitouch, windows 7 ready...

5. bakdai

bakdai Pen Pal - Newbie

I'll return my tx2120 here pretty quickly if they're coming out with a refresh in the same price point. So when is the tx2500 getting here?

6. Archangel

Archangel Pen Pal - Newbie

Im thinking the same thing bakdai: if the tx2500 is nicer and still affordable, I'll see if I can somehow return my tx2011au (doubt it since im passed Dick Smith's 30-day refund policy) or sell it and upgrade.

7. tabletpcreviewer

tabletpcreviewer Pen Pal - Newbie

me too, I am 4 days away from the Bestbuy 14-day return policy, so I might just return it for the Radeon 3200 graphics system.

The performance of the Geforce whatever's on my tx2000 right now is abysmal at best when playing HD files especially with Aero turned on.

8. bakdai

bakdai Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm still under a week with mine....

I don't get it. Didn't they just release the tx2000? Upgrading so fast?

9. tabletpcreviewer

tabletpcreviewer Pen Pal - Newbie

no wonder the tx2000 was on sale for $300 off at bestbuy a couple of weeks ago.

they are getting rid of the remaining stock in anticipation for the tx2500.

10. edw1nk

edw1nk Pen Pal - Newbie

i just talked to a hp tech about new laptops, and said shes going into training for new laptops next week. probably for the new dv series.