TX2500: Mute button always orange whether sound muted or not?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by edicus, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noxis

noxis Pen Pal - Newbie

As topic, my mute button is always orange (well it is blue during boot, but as soon as it hits windows it turns orange). It doesnt matter whether the actual sound is muted or not it is always orange.

Any idea which software is missing/broken that causes this?

2. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi

I noticed the same behaviour. In some occassions did it change back to blue only I didn't pay notice on it because I mainly use the laptop without sound (to avoid disturbing other people in the same room).
    I will double check whenever it is working properly.

3. alanjrobertson

alanjrobertson Scribbler - Standard Member

I've noticed this previously on the TX1030 - it depended on which version of the sound drivers I had installed (I think Windows Update provided a new version and it went to always being orange, then I went back to the HP-provided ones and it went back to being orange=mute, blue=active).

Alan

4. pineros

pineros Pen Pal - Newbie

Download the latest drivers from Realtek. Usually unistalling and installing again does the work.

5. eternalflame

eternalflame Pen Pal - Newbie

dude, don't look at their suggestions, there's just one place u need to check

double click on the realtek sound manager icon on the sys tray, go to digital output tab, and check if it's actually muted, e.g. a red cross over the blue speaker icon. unmute it, and it's fine... :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  6. Donald1

Donald1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Pineros,

Thanks for the hint, this was the solution which worked for me !;) :)

PS the ethernalflame's proposed solution did not work in my case

7. edicus

edicus Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello, I was also having this problem with my HP dv41120us and found a solution that works!

The mute icon on my keyboard keeps on making a sound whenever it turns to orange color. Also most of the time, my laptop just freezes and I'm thinking might be something related to my sound device. Most of the suggestion here says you have to reinstall your sound driver. They are correct but you need to install the correct driver else they won't work.

The driver I used is sp41693.exe which can be download from HP (just google it I'm sure you'll find where to download it). Hope that helps. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.