tx2500 missing some functionality after Win 7 upgrade

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by enragingsilver, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enragingsilver

enragingsilver Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently upgraded my tx2500 from Vista to Windows 7 (32 bit), and ever since some of my computer's features haven't been working. What I've noticed so far is that when I swivel and flip my screen around to go into tablet orientation the screen no longer inverts automatically like it used to. Additionally, the buttons on the side of the screen that control tablet settings and manually flip the screen no longer work. When I press them nothing happens. Also, while the stylus still works for writing and as a cursor, when I use my fingers to push on the screen nothing happens, which is disconcerting because prior to the upgrade my screen was touch sensitive. Has anybody else had this problem/are there any drivers I'm missing or can reinstall that will fix it? When I originally upgraded to Win7 I was told I needed to uninstall my HP quick launch buttons, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the problem I'm experiencing. Thanks for any help.

2. pff1029

pff1029 Scribbler - Standard Member

It's Windows Update that's failing you. It should've downloaded all your necessary drivers. If Windows Update doesn't come up with drivers when you search for updates, just go to HP support and download what you need.

If a driver is missing under Windows 7 drivers, use the Vista driver until a Win 7-specific driver is ready for download. Reinstall your Quick Launch button drivers for manual screen rotation. Install the latest drivers for the ATI graphics to get proper auto screen rotation back. And don't begin to worry about the touch capability until you've installed Wacom drivers; if you still have problems with touch after that, then begin to worry about it, but just a bit!

I've had everything on my tablet working under Win 7 since the Release Candidate. Use HP's supplied drivers and I guarantee your problem will work out fine.

3. jacobdrj

jacobdrj Pen Pal - Newbie

While I did get my fingerprint reader to work, I never did get DigitalPersona to work on W7. Very frustrating, as i had gotten used to the convenience of the fingerprint password...
    And the fingerprint reader still has to be woken up after being in sleep mode by clicking alternate credentials and putting my password in wrong at least once.

I did download everything from hp.

4. pff1029

pff1029 Scribbler - Standard Member

Search the threads for info on how to get the fingerprint reader working. It's not exactly straightforward; the generic biometric device drivers in Windows 7 seem to override some functionality unless you follow directions.

5. RakShas

RakShas Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok enragingsilver look I just upgraded too from vista to 7 32bits And I just Love it, your problem is that you trusted too much in the win 7 drivers I recomend you to install the quick launch buttons drivers. You can Download them from the hp page of drivers you just look for the model I mean the tx2500z and select drivers and download the ones I mention. I assure you it works or at least it works perfectly in my tx2500z. Good Luck

The same for the ones with problems with digital persona, HP already updated all drivers to win 7 so any problem go and download the drivers

6. enragingsilver

enragingsilver Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all, thanks for all your help, I've managed to get everything working except my touch sensitive screen. I'm having trouble finding the correct Wacom driver to download. Can anyone help me out? I have a tx2500 (model tx2510us) Windows 7 32-bit. Thanks for your help!

7. Yianaki

Yianaki Pen Pal - Newbie

Just got a Vertex SSD for myself and just installed W7 final. The wacom drivers install from windows update maybe an optional not mandatory install. Then I believe an update with calibration fixes will automatically install after that.

You will need to get the driver from windows update somehow. Check windows update and make sure that you did not hide the wacom drivers, again may be optional download. There is also a patch that I think fixes calibration that dl's after the driver is installed.

The wacom tablet is funny. It never worked right until sept under the betas. If you used the vista driver which you could I found it would randomly crash. I think in sept I saw a wacom update and after that the windows 7 driver which before then wouldn't calibrate correctly worked fine. There is no wacom driver for w7 on the HP site and that isn't a mistake they expect you to get it automatically from MS Windows Update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.