TX2500 MB in a TX2000?

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by kanehi, Jul 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nichod

Nichod Scribbler - Standard Member

Does anyone know if it is possible to put a TX2500 motherboard in a TX2000? This would allow me to upgrade CPU and GPU for a fraction of the cost?

2. Nichod

Attached pics of motherboards. It appears that the dimensions (left is the TX2500, right is TX1000-2000) are the same...anyone have any idea?

Attached Files:

3. feerof

feerof Pen Pal - Newbie

they have the same dimension because they have to fit the same chassis, otherwise, no they aren't compatible.

4. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

They are completely different, the tx2500/2z motherboard is based off of the AMD Puma Platform (Turion Ultra). The tx1000/2000 motherboard is some bastardized AMD/nVidia combo.

5. Nichod

So the hardware wouldn't work? I can understand the processor not working with the newer chipset. But the rest?

6. Robtang

Robtang Scribbler - Standard Member

Well there is no rest really, the only other major component is the screen and they are identical.

as long as you get a new motherboard and cpu, theres no reason why everything else wouldn't fit

HOWEVER there is a risk somthing might not, and I dont think once you total everything up you will really save that much money.

7. Pedrines

Pedrines Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello all!

I am in the same dilemma to upgrade or not my tx2000. I am about to buy a tx2500 motherboard to replace the tx2000, mainly because a heating problem that causes a black screen. I checked the price for such Motherboard and it costs around $200, good deal since I'll fix my problem and I will have better GPU.

However, I am not sure if my tx2000's CPU will fit on the tx2500 motherboard... Have you guys tried this? did it worked?....

please any tip on this will be superb

8. Tiezep

Tiezep technology enthusiast

both have the exact same case, so to answer your question, yes.

however you will need a turion ultra to seal the deal (the old turion probably isn't supported by the bios)
    -Tyler

9. kanehi

kanehi Scribbler - Standard Member

The tx2500 has an active digitalizer instead of the passive one from the tx1000z. I don't know if you also have to change the screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.