TX2500: Lost the stylus on the floor, now it thinks it's an eraser...

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Teddyen, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teddyen

Teddyen Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey!

I lost my stylus on the floor yesterday (about a 1m drop), and as a result the screen pointer stopped following the pen as I hover it above the screen. The right-click button has also stopped working. The pointer follows the eraser-end, but not the pen-end. In Photoshop, I get the eraser tool with both ends even though "Brush" is selected in the toolbox.

Is the pen really that fragile, or is it any smart quickfix I can do?

2. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I think you'll probably have to buy a new one. A similar thing happened to me a few months back and I was unable to fix it.

3. 970261

970261 Scribbler - Standard Member

another try is to maybe swap out the pen "lead" with the clippers and replacement pen tip the tx2500 came with.

My guess is that these pen tips/"lead" and metal clips came in case the "charge" on the wacom pen becomes less accurate over time.

Like i said, a "guess".

4. Teddyen

Teddyen Pen Pal - Newbie

I called HP and they sendt me a new stylus. I got it today. The pen is heavier than the original, and it lacks the eraser, but it feels a _lot_ better than the original; almost like it's made from metal, not plastic.

BUT - it doesn't work. At all. The computer thinks it's my index finger - if I turn off the touch input device, the computer don't do anything when I touch the screen with the new pen. The old pen however, is recognized as a pen (the pc moves the cursor to the position of the pen when I touch the screen with "fingertouch" turned off), but the cursor doesn't track the pen, nor do I have any pressure sensitivity, and the pen button don't work either.

So... I'm really confused here! I don't have a slightest clue what to do next. I've tried reinstalling the drivers with no result. The only thing that works as it should, is normal finger-touch.

5. Luthian

Luthian Pen Pal - Newbie

They sent you the wrong pen, they sent you the nTrig pen for the tx2z you need the Wacom pen for the tx2500z, they are completely different pens.

6. Teddyen

Teddyen Pen Pal - Newbie

Awww, I'm going on a design course abroad the next couple of weeks, it would've been great to have a working tablet =/

Just gotta call HP and make them send me another one then...

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.