TX2500 in Photoshop CS4.

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by ilya11naza, Jan 19, 2009.

1. ilya11naza

ilya11naza Pen Pal - Newbie

Did anybody try using Photoshop CS4 on TX2500 yet? I can't get the pressure sensitivity to work on mine. I tried installing the latest Wacom drivers, and that didn't help. Any suggestions?

2. yellowsno

yellowsno Wants to be a Mod

I think it has to do with Vista and the way that it handles the built in tablet. I have CS4 and the same issue as you describe. Just wondering, when you hover in Photoshop, is your cursor a dot like everywhere else or is it a normal mouse cursor? I have a cursor.

3. ilya11naza

Strangely enough, my cursor does change to a dot in CS4. The pressure sensitivity only works in CS1, however. I'm running Vista Ultimate x64.

4. Val'R Dunin

Val'R Dunin Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the CS2 (I don't need moore) and the pressure works ok. (also vista64 but home premium)
    Try looking in the photoshops help, search for pressure, maybe you need to activate it from somwhere in the menus. For example in CS2 in the brushes properties you can change on what the pressure will apply...size, transparency, etc

5. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

You need to do the Registry hack. It's somewhere in these forums, I've posted it in other posts. Feel free to search items posted by me.

Update: Here it is http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?p=143311#post143311

6. ilya11naza

Bernok,

Thanks for the info! The hack does solve the problem for CS4 32bit. The 64bit version still does not have the pressure sensitivity.

However, installing the Wacom Penabled Driver Driver 5.05-7 introduced a new problem. When I try to paint in CS1 or CS4, the cursor starts jumping all over the place.

7. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

ilya11naza,
    I too am experiencing the same issue. My problem is that it just gives me a single dot the size of the pen. Won't flow or write at all.

8. Bernok

Bernok Scribbler - Standard Member

I've heard before that Wacom's newest drivers don't work best with the TX series.

Have you tried using the latest driver from hp.com?

9. ilya11naza

I use the tablet driver from the hp website together with the registry hack mentioned above, and PS CS4 32bit works fine (just sluggish). CS4 64bit doesn't have pressure sensitivity no matter what I try.

After all this trouble I think I'm going to stick with CS1. It just seems to be much faster. So much for GPU acceleration. :p

10. nevarDeath

nevarDeath Phone Expert

I have the same problem with CS3, but I will try the registry hack.
    update: Worked great in CS3!