tx2500 high pitched squeal

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by xaueious, Aug 9, 2009.

1. uniterscron

uniterscron Pen Pal - Newbie

Update...

After I waited for two weeks, I finally got my tablet back.
    The result?? HP said there was no problem found!

I can't believe it took them a week just to tell me there's no problem with it!
    There was even a check box for high pitched noise!

Again, don't send your tablet for service if you got the high-pitched problem!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  2. universitystudent

universitystudent Pen Pal - Newbie

i just bought the tx2508c and i get this noise only when the power cable is not plugged in ie running on battery power.... what can i do to fix this problem?

3. uniterscron

I have the noise both when plugged and unplugged, but when plugged in, the sound if almost inaudible.

I highly suspect that the problem has something to do with the processor.
    If you read these threads.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=90335
    and http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?p=31347

If those two threads (which applies to Core2 Duo CPUs) has something to do with our Turionx2 Ultra in tx2500z, there's still no solution due to the lack of support from RightMark CPU Clock Utility. :(

Just as I posted I sent it for service and HP sent it back after taking them two week with a note "no problem found." :mad:
    I hope I'm wrong about the solution.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. Robtang

Robtang Scribbler - Standard Member

This is not exaclty helpful, but I have to say every laptop i've ever had has made this noise to some degree or another, good range of processors too, desktop P4 2.4gz, orignal athlon64 3000+, Cel-m 533, core2duo T5500, Turion ZM-80.
    So its not like its specific to one model.

So I think its a case of "They all do that Sir".

On a personal note I think they actually quieten down after you use them a while, either that or ive just learned to ignore it.

5. skr

skr Pen Pal - Newbie

The squeal is most likely a bad batch of Inverter controlling the TFT backlight for the LCD panel. As billyCat pointed out in a post before....

I am yet to get mine, but this is definitely the inverter, this was prominent in some old DELL laptops and IBM T40 series, annoying of course, but the only way to avoid is to wait for the LED back light option to become mainstream.
    Those don't use a CFL backlight source and they solve almost all problems existent now with TFT/LCD panels......

One way to replicate and isolate this problem is , with a S video cable connect to your TV or use a external CRT monitor. Now when you switch your video modes the squeal might disappear...

6. uniterscron

When do you think the LED back light will become mainstream? I heard it lowers the power usage as well. :p

7. skr

skr Pen Pal - Newbie

Its already on some Sony SZ and ASUS U1 models, because of manufacturing cost, it has not been easy finding displays larger than 7" at a acceptable cost. If you want a small notebook look at the MCI wind, its outof stock with circuit city, but it uses a LED backlight. Dell has plans to bring out some laptops with LED backlight, so is HP. But it would take a month or two before you see it being an option on larger displays.... by end of 2008 almost every laptop out there would have LED backlight option.

8. skr

skr Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry its not the MCI Wind, its Aspire one

9. Ganman

Ganman Pen Pal - Newbie

BUMP!!!

I have currently got a hptx2500 with a 2.1ghz and a swapped out 200gb 7200rpm hardrive (third party custom order). Now the squealing is very prominent in mine. However, I found that it may be both the screen and the hardrive.

I switched off the screen and a set of squeal was gone, however, I then put my ear to the hardrive area and I could hear a different set of squealing. Not as loud, but still there.

I am running Windows 7 RC using generic video drivers. Maybe the noise may go away with the new ati graphics driver (came out not too long ago) anyone tried that yet? I will try it as soon as my internet data renews.

Otherwise, has anyone been able to get rid of this squealing?

EDIT: The noise is also there whether plugged in or unplugged.

10. Thokas

Thokas Too many laptops...

Remove your dvd drive, let me know if it continues. I've never encountered this problem, which has me intrigued.